Chapter 10

Ellis's POV

Ace wouldn't let me speak to him since the day his father found out. He was barely ever home. Having a conversation was hopeless because his responses were short and emotionless. He would even look at me.

I was loosing him and I couldn't do anything about it.

I sat in my bedroom floor, staring at the door. He was home tonight, and I wanted more than anything to be with him. I wanted his arms wrapped around me, steady breathing against my neck. I wanted an night of endless conversations, but I knew that wasn't possible. At least not now.

Somehow my body manages to take me to Ace's bedroom door. I knocked on his door, yet he doesn't reply. After attempting for the third time, I just open his door and boy did I regret it.

Ace was working out, lifting weights. He didn't even notice that I opened the door, so I stood there staring. This wasn't healthy but it was the only good look I'd be getting of Ace in a long while. When I snap out of the little fantasy I had going on in my head, I walked to his phone pausing the music.

"Are you kidding-" he stops his sentence when he realizes it was me.

"Hey," was the only thing I could say. I know, it was stupid, but I didn't know what to say.

"Get out"

"Ace I-"

"I said, get out!"

"No ace!" I yell. "I know you don't want to talk about it but that doesn't mean it's ok to ignore me. You don't think I'm hurt too? If anything I'm more hurt!"

"You're more hurt!? Are you kidding me El. Your leaving tomorrow, let's not make things worse then they are"

"I'm not trying to make things worse! I don't want to leave with things being this way! I hate this just as much as you, but ignoring the fact that I'm leaving won't make things better!"

He sits on his bed, "so what do you want me to do? Act like it's ok!? I'm sorry El but I can't do that."

"No I want you to look at me! Make me feel like I'm yours for one last time!"

"El-"

"No Ace! Let me finish!" At this point I was crying. "I want you to hold me one last time, I want us to fix this. I don't want to leave knowing you hate me."

"I don't hat you El."

"Then WHY WONT YOU LOOK AT ME!?"

"BECAUSE I CANT!" Ace's face turns to look at me and his eyes are watering. "I can't because this happens. You are my weakness Ellis! Knowing that you'll be leaving hurts, and every time I look at you all I see is you walking away. That hurts."

With that he walks out his room. I stand there, crying. But it was only a matter of time before I was on the floor. Knees again my chest, back against the wall and my hair balled up in my fist. I was weak, and when I needed him the most he just up and lefted. How could he put me in this position? Im not just walking away for nothing! I'm following my dream, the one thing I've always wanted to do.

I didn't bother going down for dinner, I just had mom send my plate up to my room . She was concerned. Mainly because she didn't want my last night home to be such a downer.

I turned off my phone, laying in bed wishing for the next morning to come faster.

.
.
.

Mom woke me up three hours before my flight, only giving me one hour to get ready. With that I had my last home cook breakfast and was out the door with my luggage. "you ready?" my mother asked. "yeah, I guess." I answer. The engine starts and we're off to the airport.

The ride is awkward and I felt like I needed to make a conversation. I close my eyes shut trying to find words to say, but honestly I don't want to speak. Why does it feel like this? Why couldn't this be easier?

You leave today El. This is it.

Buildings and houses pass as I sit in the car. I was thinking about Ace. Even though that was the last thing I should be thinking about. But how could I not? Then theres this thought; This is it, I'm finally going to chase my dream. I've been waiting for so long.

The thought sticks with me and I hated that. My mind keeps on falling over to one thing then the other.

"We are here," my mom says.

Ace's POV

I should be there, I know I should but I couldn't deal with her leaving. I don't know how to deal with it. In all these years I would have never thought I was one to settle down.

I was a player. I could care less about commitment. One night stands were my thing, but now it's not.

Ellis is my thing, mine.

I look my phone realizing I only had half an hour till her flight departs. If I was going to spend the next few months without her I need to make things right.

I know I was last minute. I should have been thinking like this days ago, but I wasn't. Mad and confused, I decided to ignore her.

With my car keys in hand, I get into the car and drive off. My foot added more pressure on the gas slowly. I could care less about speeding tickets at this point, I need to say goodbye to El.

By the time I made it I was running past security and everything. I remembered what plane she was bording because I overheard Ellis's conversation with her best friend.

No I wasn't eavesdropping.

"Sir, can I help you, " a lady dressed in uniform asked.

"Uh, yeah. Do you know where the latest flight to California is located?"

"Oh honey, that flight has departed just five minutes ago."

The feeling of guilt hit me. I walked away from the lady not wanting to show her my face. El was my weakness, and I never was a fan of displaying my emotions in public.

"Thank you"

With that I walk away following all the exit signs. My head held low, walking with no might. How could I let this happen? Why did I let her leave like this? I never felt so much hatred for myself.

I look to my side staring at the check-in counter. I knew what I had to do.

.
.

"What can I get for you sir?"

"What's the earliest flight to LA?"