Chapter 20

I stretch out on Vic and I's bed in the spare room that Jenna has given the both of us to sleep in. We've been here for a week now I think, and so far, this place is alright. I'm still a little iffy about Billie, Tré, and Mike though. But, I can't help being iffy about them really. I have a right to be a little iffy about them.

Hello? I'm pregnant here, I don't know if they'll end up hurting my pups and I.

So far, none of Vic and I's former Pack has come around this area to look for us. Oli and Josh have even checked for us. But I can't help but think that someone we know will come looking for us eventually, or word will get to the Cematos about mine and Vic's pups, not to mention Austin and Alan's pup also.

Or, what if they somehow find out Kyle is a hybrid? What would they do to him? Kill him? They can clearly see that he's no threat, and he would never hurt anyone.

I curl up in the blankets, purring loudly as I snuggle up against one of the pillows. I can't believe how soft and comfy these blankets are. It's like I'm lying on clouds, they're so fluffy. Maybe this is just from my pregnancy, and I've got an urge to start nesting. Us werecats when we're expecting usually find somewhere soft and comfy much like this bed, where we spend most of the pregnancy sleeping when we're not eating. We also feel the need to rid our homes of anything that could harm our kits - or in my case pups. So, I guess I've started nesting now.

After a while, I look up over at the door as I hear someone open it. I sit up as I see that it's Alan, and he walks over to me, sitting down next to me. I've grown closer to Alan ever since Vic and I have been here.

"How you feeling, Kellin?" He asks.

I shrug. "I think I've started the urge to nest right now." I say, flicking a bit of fluff off the tip of my ear with my tail.

Alan nods, looking around at the mess of fluffy black and white blankets around me on the bed. "Vic told me you might be starting to get the urge to start nesting soon." He says, flicking his ginger tail around behind him.

"Where is Vic?" I ask at the mention of my mate's name. "I haven't seen him since this morning."

"He's gone out hunting with Austin and Tommy." Alan says. "Come hang with Merton and I." He adds, standing up, offering me a hand.

Taking Alan's hand as he helps me up, we walk out if Vic and I's room, and I follow him outside and into the garden. Merton is out there playing around on the grass with Austin and Alan's pup, Nala.

Alan and I find a shady spot under a large oak tree to sit, while we watch as Merton plays round with Nala.

"Merton seems like he's good with children." I comment, as we watch as Merton starts entertaining Nala. "He seems like he's got a lot of energy too."

Alan laughs slightly. "Yeah, he does, doesn't he?" He agrees.

"Ow!" Merton whines. "Don't bite me please, Nala." He says. "I can't heal as fast as your kind!"

Nala barks up at him, before jumping up and knocking him to the ground, as she starts licking all over his face.

Merton just lies there on the grass for a while, till Nala gets off him and runs over to Alan. She clambers onto Alan's lap and meows up at him, licking his cheek also.

"Hey, sweetie." Alan laughs, wiping his cheek. "You having fun with Merton?" He asks, and Nala just barks at him, wagging her tail round behind her.

I look up as Merton walks over to us and sits down with us. "Hey, Kellin. How you feeling?"

I shrug, rubbing a hand round my stomach. "I'm feeling alright." I say. "I've started nesting right now, I think."

Merton nods. "I wish Tommy and I could have kids." He sighs. "But I'm not sure if I can." He sighs. "Plus, it's probably not best for anymore hybrid kids." He adds. "And I don't know if my body will be able to hold a werewolf child anyway."