Chapter 13

It's been a few hours now, and Vic hasn't come back yet. I honestly don't know if he will come back or not. I know Johnnie says he will but, there's still a chance that he may not come back.

I curl up more under the blankets, my tail resting across my waist, and my ears almost hidden in my hair. I whimper slightly as I stare at Vic's side of the bed. I need him here. I need comfort from him the most.

I place a hand on my stomach and rub round the slightly swollen area. Mine and Vic's pup is in there. Our illegal little pup. I sit up in bed and look over at the door, which is open slightly. I remember closing it before getting into bed.

I smell the air, not smelling any unusual scents, only smelling my own, and Vic's stale scent. I fall back onto the bed with a groan of pain. I held my head in my hands as I hissed out in pain. Suddenly, it felt like I was being swept away somewhere else.

I opened my eyes, to find that I was standing in the middle of a forest. Birds sang high up in the trees and I could hear a waterfall somewhere in the distance. Why I am here, I have no idea. This might be some sort of vision, but I'm not sure. I don't even know why the fuck I'd be getting any visions in the first place....

I walk around, looking around at the forest. I stop as I hear something up ahead. It sounds a bit like Vic. I sniff the air, definitely smelling Vic's scent, so I walk closer to him, keeping myself hidden, and making sure the wind is blowing in the opposite direction, so I'm getting Vic's scent, but he's not getting mine.

I stop when I see him sitting on a large rock, just staring out in front of him. I'm not sure what he's doing exactly, but it looks like he might be thinking about something. What he's thinking about, I can only guess.

I walk closer so I'm standing next to him, but he doesn't seem to notice me. I walk round in front of him, and he just looks straight past me like I'm not even there. Which would make sense, I guess.

He sighs looking down at the ground. He looks back up at the sound of something walking over to him. I turn round to see someone walking over to him. I move to the side and watch Vic and the other guy.

"Oli. I don't know what to do." Vic sighs, as the guy, Oli sits down next to him. "Kellin's pregnant with my pup, but he's a werecat, and I'm a werewolf."

Oli looks over at Vic. "That is true, but I've seen what your child will become." He says, in a British accent. "All you've got to do is make sure the child is raised well and is taught that evil isn't the way. Just because your child is a hybrid, doesn't mean it won't be good." He says. "I've been watching you and Kellin. You're good people. Both of you." He looks over at Vic.

Vic turns to him. "That doesn't mean we won't fail though." He says. "There's always a chance that we'll fail, and the Cematos will find and kill us."

Oli looks up through the trees, like he's thinking about something. "You both won't fail. Just look at you both." He says, turning back to Vic. "Kellin's the perfect motherly picture, and you. You're the strong fatherly picture."

I smile slightly at that. I look down at my stomach and rub a hand round it. But, despite what this man, Oli, is saying, if Vic and my pup survives, there could still be a chance that we won't be good parents. Our child could turn out bad, and the Cematos will have to kill it, along with Vic and me. Or, if the Cematos find out about my pregnancy before our child is even born, Vic and I will be killed, and the baby terminated.

Vic looks down at the grass. "Do you know where Austin and Alan are?" He asks, looking back up at Oli. "Do you know how they are?"

Oli looks down at the grass. "Austin and Alan may be going down a dark path if they're not careful." He says. "I've watched them also, along with you and Kellin, and Alan almost died during their pup's birth."