Chapter 17

Kellin's P.O.V.

Waking up on a metal table isn't exactly something that's a very pleasant thing to wake up to. I try to sit up but can't as I discover that something is keeping me down. Whimpering slightly, I notice something around my neck, similar to a collar, but a lot stronger, but clearly made of metal. There's also a chain connected to it, that appears to be hooked onto the table. I try pulling at it, but it doesn't give, and I remain stuck.

Looking around the room, my ears press flat to my head, and my tail flicks around behind me in terror. It seems as though I'm in some sort of doctor's room or something. But why would the humans take Vic and I here?

The door opens, and in walks three humans. I hiss at them as they walk over to me. Each of them holding a clipboard of some sort. Each reading through something on it.

One of the humans walks over to me, and I hiss at it, as it examines round my stomach, and my injured leg. It looks up at me, before looking over at the other two humans.

"Gabe, bring me in the X-ray machine." He says.

The human Gabe I'm assuming, walks out of the room, as the other one comes over by the table that I'm on.

I watch both the of them as they read through whatever is on that clipboard. One of them starts touching round my stomach, and I growl at them, letting out a protective growl. The two humans look at each other in confusion, before looking back at me.

"It's acting like a pregnant female." One of the humans say. "Growling at us if we go near its stomach - which does appear to be a little swollen." The human says, before inching a hand close to my stomach.

I watch his hand, hissing at it, before snapping at it, causing him to move his hand away quickly before I bite it.

"Justin. This isn't a female mountain lion though." One of the humans say.

I let out an amused meow. They think I'm a mountain lion? Please, mountain lions aren't as strong as my kind. Although, we do look a little similar, I'll admit.

The humans look at me in confusion. "Did it just?" The human, Justin ask, pointing at me.

They don't have time to talk more, as that other human, Gabe walks back in, pushing some kind of machine. An X-ray machine I'm assuming, considering that's what that human who I don't know his name had asked for.

"So, anything happen?" The human Gabe asks.

The human Justin and the other one look over at Gabe. "Justin says it acts like a pregnant female." The nameless human says. "But this isn't a female mountain lion."

Gabe raises an eyebrow. "But it's a male mountain lion. Males can't get pregnant." He says.

I grunt slightly, shaking my head. My tail thrashes around behind me, as I watch the humans closely.

"Whatever. Jack, let's just get on with the X-ray on it's hind leg." The human Justin says.

Okay, so nameless human is called Jack. Alright then.

The humans move that machine thing closer to me, and I growl a warning at them, as they move their hands close to my stomach. They look up at me, as I watch them do whatever it is that they're doing. Honestly, my leg feels fine now. Me being a werecat and all, my injuries heal fast.

The humans have a surprised look on their face, as they see that there's mostly nothing wrong with my hind leg.

"I swear when we brought him in with that wolf his hind leg was swelling and looked like it could be broken." The human, Justin says.