The Vampire's Reluctant Bride: chapter-21

Hey,Guys!

Thanks for all your help.

Here's the new chapter. Apologies for the wait

And as one of you put it so effectively, I'm going to 'stretch' the honeymoon till it has lost all it's potential;-)

Hope you like it...

Waiting for your comments and Votes;-)

Love,

Sanshal...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter-21

Amelia groaned sleepily, refusing to open her eyes. Someone was shaking her gently... calling her name....Reluctantly she opened them to find herself looking into her favourite pair of blue eyes in the world. She smiled.

Fine lines appeared around those sapphire-blue orbs as they crinkled to return her smile. “Good morning.”

It took her a moment to realize that she was curled on her side, her face buried against the crook of his elbow even as her fingers played with the buttons of his shirt... and another before she remembered their disagreement last night. Their wedding night.

Lucius was still staring at her, making no move to push her away. Was this his way of signalling a truce??

Almost unaware of his actions, he reached out to catch a strand of her brunette curls and twist it slowly around his fingers.

“I’m sorry I had to wake you this early...we need to leave soon if we intend to reach before the unbearable afternoon heat.” He whispered, still playing with her hair.

Immediately she jumped out of bed, “Of-course.”

He gave a rumbling laugh as he joined her on the floor. She smiled sheepishly, glancing out of the windows as she did- it was still practically dark outside, just the barest blush of pink visible above the tree-tops.

She headed towards the shower as Lucius moved in the other direction.

“Cariño, why don’t you tell me where your bags are, I’ll set them by the door for you by the time you’re done?”

She stared at the light-weight backpack in his hand, blushing slightly, “Will it be alright if I finish my shower before I pack?”

She was yet to pack?

The unbidden thought leaked into her mind making her bite her lip, “No, they did pack for me... but if that bag is all you’re carrying; I’ll need to re-pack.” She explained.

Mortification flooded his face, making it very obvious that he hadn’t meant her to hear his thoughts. “We’re just going for the weekend, Mia... How much do we need to carry after-all?”

She nodded.

“So, where is this bag that they packed for your honeymoon?” He asked, smiling.

Not daring to open her mouth, she simply pointed at the two giant suitcases on the floor next to her wardrobe.

“Those... Seriously?” He asked, unable to hide his laughter.

“I’ll re-pack.” She tossed her towel to the bed and hurried over. He was still shaking with silent mirth.