The Vampire's Reluctant Bride: chapter-7

Chapter-7

Lucius was a vampire. Amelia chanted to herself once she was back in the privacy of her room.

Strangely, even repeating it time and again failed to stir her instincts of self-preservation. He had exhibited none of the wild mood swings Vampires were so famous for… nor had done anything to make her doubt her safety.

She smiled as she stared out into the fading light; down below, she caught a glimpse of a lone dark figure moving swiftly into the forest.

Lucius.  Her vampire.

Amelia felt a smile rise unbidden at her thought... her  vampire? Where on earth did that come from?

They had spent the day at his cottage. And it had been far more pleasant than she had anticipated- Lucius was surprisingly easy to talk to.

She went to prepare for bed, reviewing their conversations. She had asked him everything she could possibly come up with in relation to Vampire-lore, and he had answered them all. Only when the talk had finally turned to the topic of their diet had he turned evasive. While he had emphatically declared that he had never claimed a life (and nor did he intend to); he had reluctantly admitted that he needed blood to survive.

After all, he is a vampire.

Does that bother you?

The sudden whisper of his voice had her momentarily freezing.

Amelia pondered his question, wanting to reply as honestly as possible- inspite of herself, she liked  Lucius. Then she forced herself to consider his diet…and how it made her feel. She could come up with just one word-Queasy.

Just not enough to write him off entirely.

She sighed, she was still as unresolved as ever.

I don’t know. She admitted unhappily.