The Vampire's Reluctant Bride: chapter-17

A/n- Thank you all soo much for the feedback...

As promised, here is another chapter... I've tried to work in a new twist to Mia and Lucius' tale.. Tell me if you like it. PLease, keep commenting... you guys are my inspiration...

So comment and don't forget to vote!

Love,

Sanshal.

Chapter-17

I love you...

The words hung heavy on Amelia’s mind. Ever since her impassioned declaration, she found herself questioning whether she had been wise to confess her feelings. Lucius had gone ominously silent; there was no murmur in her mind...no unexpected feelings which usually gave away his opinion.

She had waited and waited... and waited. But, his response never came. Now, it would only be a matter of minutes before she was due to walk down the aisle....

Swallowing a strangled sob, she put on a brave smile- she would find a way to win his affections again... if only she could understand what had she done wrong to bring out the sudden grumpiness!

Was it simply a case of wedding nerves?

She fervently hoped so.

Accepting her father’s proffered arm, she made her way to the beats of Wagner’s wedding march. But, her eyes were reserved only for the dark-haired vampire who waited for her before the pulpit. She bit back a sigh as she noticed his controlled expression- it appeared he was yet to forgive her for whatever wrong she had committed.

Lucius? She called silently.

 He narrowed his eyed but made no other indication of whether he could hear her. The scarlet carpeted passageway between the rows of guests seemed to stretch on forever before she would reach him.

Lucius?

She tried again, worrying her lower lip as she waited for him to reply.

Just walk, Cariño... You are doing fine.

She heard the mild exasperation in his voice and choked back a sob. Apparently, she was not very successful for her father cast a curious glance in her direction.

“You alright?” He whispered.

She nodded, not willing to open her mouth and risk him hearing her broken voice.

It seemed like forever, but at last she reached the alter and her father was placing her hand in Lucius’ larger ones. Even through her veil, she could see those sapphire eyes boring into her. She ventured a small smile- which went unreturned- before they turned to face the priest.

She completed the ceremony on auto-pilot... too engrossed in her worries about Lucius’ strange behaviour to pay much attention to the details of the ceremony she was participating in. And then she heard the minister declare them husband and wife before granting Lucius permission to kiss her.

She turned to face him slowly, expectantly- wondering if his kiss would be anything like the one he had bestowed on her when she had assured him that Carlitos was just a friend. Her hopes surged as he lifted the veil gently and she felt a rosy blush creep onto her countenance. Briefly she wondered if he could hear her inner turmoil, but then her mind felt empty, making her dismiss the thought.

She gazed into the smooth planes of his face as his lips brushed hers.

Brushed....so lightly that she barely felt them....And then he was straightening, a flicker of a smile dancing on his lips.

Mocking her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=======================================================================

PS.- Check out the picture of Mia in all her bridal finery!