Chapter Seventeen: Stressed

A/N: Hello Readers. Thank you all for reading, once again. So below is chapter 17 and I hope you like it. To the right is a picture of Jamie's tattoo so if you get confused of how it's described, there you go. Yes, I am a Samoan woman, had to put a Samoan woman in this. Enjoy!

P.S. I will be posting a picture of Greg and Kenny in the next chapter. 

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

         My mind always seem to go back to Connor. I would hit myself in the head to just be done with the thoughts of him. It was only two days since he's been gone so why was I even worried. Caine would tell me that he was busy and the contact between them was short. I would just nod and act like I didn't care but I did. It was something about knowing he was in the vasinity of where I was that made me secure but now, he had his own business to tend to. I shook his name out of my head and stared red eyed at the lap top in front of me. I've entered the name Swope in the search box and the city New York, all I was getting was thousands of names that showed. One name I got was a Jake and Dana but other then that, nothing. This was a bit irritating. How would I be able to find a way to find them. I grabbed my cell phone. I was going to call Brody to see if he had anything on the family. I knew he was at the bar with Gina, it was a Wednsday night so I knew the bar was't as packed. Hopefully he was working on finding the family.

               "Thank you for calling Wicked, this is Brody speaking, how can I spice up your night?" he answered on the second ring and I laughed when he said that line. I knew if I called the bar phone he'd actually answer.

                   "It's Eryn. Wondering if you've found anything or if your searching?"

                   "Drawing blanks kiddo. I've been at it all night and nothing. It's dead here . . ." he paused because I could hear Gina yelling about some witch drunk off her ass. Gina needed help with escorting her out of the bar. 

                  "I've gotta go . . . Gina is having a heart attack, I'll call you once I'm done here." he said and I said okay as he hung up. I threw my cell phone on my night stand and sighed. This was going to be tough. 

                  [The joy of the internet] The voice said and I rubbed the headache that rose in the back of my head. That damn voice did it only to give me the headaches and never talk for a day. I didn't dare talk back to it, too afraid to black out. Instead, I tried to ignore it but the small headaches were irritating. I've been at it all day and once the sun setted, my eyes had gone red from staring at my lap top all day. I set the lap top down and got up, feeling my legs thanking me for the stretch. I could hear the TV on downstairs, Caine and Greg watching a basketball game. I swear, that's all they seemed to watch was sports. A little chat with them would probably make me feel awake. I walked out of my room and down the steps where I found Greg  glued to the TV. Caine was no where in site,

                    "Caine take off patrolling?" I asked Greg, who turned for just a second, nodded and turned back to the TV. I joined him on the couch and he jumped up cheering. It was the Miami Heats against the New York Knicks and from the looks of it, he was going for the Knicks. I wasn't too into basketball but I knew enough to watch. Football was my sports and my team, of course, New York Giants. I was totally prepared for this season, I was going to attend a game. 

                      "Looks like a good game." I said, seeing the score was 89 - 85, the Heat was leading. He nodded again. Greg didn't seem to talk much but I did sit and watch the game with him. It was interesting, the Knicks came back but just at the end of the game, Lebron shoots the winning basket and wins it for the Heat. Right when the game went to commercial's, Greg finally looked over at me, "Bull crap game. We were so close."