Chapter 20- My Safe Haven

"Let's forget about school then." Xavier said as he gently squeezed my hand. I was so grateful that he wasn't a supernatural being because if so, he would have heard the thundering of my crazy heart beat.

I couldn't stop the chuckle that escaped my lips so I simply shook my head.

Without any warning, he started dragging me towards the backyard. There was a locked garage there, and when he opened it, I saw a black motorbike.

Riding his bike, he cocked his head to the side as he smirked at me.

"Hm, I think the good girl doesn't want to go for a ride with me." he thoughtfully said, his challenging eyes looking straight at me.

I smirked as I made my way to his back. Without any word, I slung my leg over and gracefully sat on the bike behind him, the yellow sundress hitching up to my mid thighs

"And who said that I don't? I'm not afraid." I whispered in his ear and with the close proximity of our body, I thought I felt him shiver.

"Good." I could sense that he was smiling. He suddenly grabbed my arm and rounded them tightly around his waist. "Never let go."

Those three words meant so much. I just knew it.

"Never"

And with a goofy smile, I pressed my cheeks against his back as the bike started revving up.

We travelled around the place. The trees around were stunning with its evergreen color. Whenever we go for hilly parts, my arms would tighten around his strong body and Xavier didn't even mind. If this happened weeks ago, I would have been thinking that it was all a dream. There were still tons of questions in my head, but I guessed I would just have to wait for the right time for that. I couldn't help but close my eyes because this was by far the best ride that I ever had. The way the wind blew past me made me smile wider and feel at ease more than ever. I have always loved nature.

After a short while we followed a little pathway.

"Where are we going?" my brows furrowed.

"To my safe haven."

My brows knitted in confusion, but when we reached a clearing, I immediately understood what he meant.

"Wow. Now this is a place I'd never get tired of visiting." I jumped from the bike and walked around.

In front of me was a lake, surrounded with green grasses with white little flowers. There were wooden tables and benches as well. Large stones were also present beside the lake. There were light posts as well with a certain distance from each other that surrounded the lake.

"Wow. I love it here." I said while sitting on a bench which was under the shade of a big tree. I really couldn't mask the amazement in my voice even if I tried, which I didn't.

"Me too." he said, and then silence followed.

"Thank you." I smiled as I gazed ahead.

"Hm?" he looked lost for a moment at my sudden gratitude.

"For bringing me here. This is the best place I've ever seen." I mused, still admiring the view. From the corner of my eye, I saw him sat beside me.

"My family and I used to come here often when I was younger. That picture... was actually taken here. Patrick and I used to play here. Sometimes, Mom and Dad would join us running around, chasing each other. We even played water guns before too," he chuckled, "I ended up getting colds that time. I was such a weakling." He was smiling when I glanced at him.