Chapter 67: Win Again

Continuing From Chapter 67

Alana POV

I watched as Michael walked over to where Janet was sitting about 5 minutes ago & sit down looking directly at me. I looked over at the windows. Making eye contact will make me give in easier. I don't want to give in easier. I don't want to give in period.

"I probably should've sat next to you since you don't want to look at me."

"No you're ok-"

"Shut up," He snapped. I turned back to him looking at him like he was crazy. Has he lost his fucking mind? Did he forget who he was talking to? I'm not E- Lisa Marie i'll fuck him up. He sighed. "It's hard enough trying to talk to you without your snarky comments so could you just please not say nothing?" His eyes were pleading. I sighed & nodded. "Thank you. I just want to start off by saying that asking for a separation was not an easy thing for me to do. But I felt that it was what was best for us-"

"Best for us or best for you?" He sighed rubbing his face.

"Best for us, Alana. I felt if we would've stayed together, things would've got worse & it would've ended in divorce."

"So what, you just give up when things get bad? You just walk away & knock down everything we built?" He sighed once again. I was starting to get angry with everything he said.

"That's not the big main reason that I wanted it. It's like 25 percent of the reason."

"Why then?" I asked. He scratched his head & sighed once more. I wish he would stop sighing so damn much.

"The reasons I asked for the separation was one, because it was too much stuff going on in our marriage-"

"But that's to be-"

"Alana let me talk before I start messing up like I always do when I try to have this conversation." I closed my mouth & he sighed rubbing his forehead. "But the main reason I asked for a separation was because I found myself loving Lisa in an intimate way." It was apparent that Lisa had to be the reason that he wanted it but it still hurt when he said that. Tears started to flood my eyes.

"So you were in love with Lisa?"

"NO!" He yelled out quickly. "Not at all. You're the only person i'm in love with."

"Then if you're in love with me why did you leave me for her?" I asked sniffling. He sighed once again.

"I left you for her because I didn't want to hurt you." I opened my mouth to say something but he quickly continued. "I know that sounds so stupid but just listen. I felt like if I stayed with you that I would've probably cheated on you with her. I had already kissed her-"

"YOU KISSED HER?!?" I yelled. He nodded his head shamefully. I hopped up & started heading towards the door. I was officially done with this conversation.

"No no no no no no," He said running after me & grabbing my arm. I tried to snatch away but he grabbed my other arm & made me face him. "You are not running away from this conversation. It took us two years to have it. Its not gon take another two years to finish it."

"I don't want to hear anymore Michael," I sniffed as avoided looking at him. He grabbed my face.

"You have no choice. You can't just runaway when you hear something that hurts you. Now sit down & let me finish talking." He let me go & I rolled my eyes wiping away my tears as I walked back to the couch. He sat across from me rubbing his palms on his thighs. "So to continue what I was saying, yes I kissed Lisa. It was the day after Christmas. She had called while I was meeting with my lawyers & estate crying. So afterwards I went to check on her. She said her & Danny were having problems & she didn't know what to do. I tried to comfort her. She was my friend after all. But while we were talking, one thing led to another and I kissed her." I stared at him completely overwhelmed as I wiped away tears. I can't believe this shit.

"Why didn't you tell me? I told you about to kiss with Kenneth so I should've been told about that."

"I wanted to."

"Bullshit," I growled.

"I swear Alana I wanted to tell you," He said getting defensive as he stood up. "But you had enough shit on your plate & I didn't want to hurt you."

"You managed to do that anyways when you asked for a separation a week later!!!" I yelled standing up. I was about to walk out cause I was completely done with this. Michael cringed.

"I know," He sighed. "It was just the more that I thought about it, the more that I realized I had feelings for Lisa. And the more that I realized that, the more that I would hurt you if I stayed."

"You hurt me when you left," I said, my voice cracking. Michael pinched the bridge of his nose. I could tell he was stressing. I honestly could care less though. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Alana you were moving out before I could get the 'ation' out of separation. And if you wouldn't have moved so fast, I-" He stopped & sighed shaking his head. "No I wouldn't have because-"

"You didn't want to hurt me," I finished, closing my eyes. He keeps saying that yet he ended up hurting me. "So you think that when I ended up finding out from somebody else it didn't hurt me?" I asked opening my eyes. He looked so shameful & guilty. "Do you still love her?"

"No no no no no. I'm over her. The only person I love is you. The only person i'm in love with is you. The only person I want is you. The only person I need is you. I'm sorry," His voice cracked. I turned away covering my face. I refuse to watch him cry. Cause if I see him cry, imma feel bad & I don't wanna feel bad because he hurt me. I didn't want any of this. He did. I don't feel sorry for him. I don't want to feel sorry for him. "Alana." I wiped away my tears not looking at him. "Alana look at me." I still didn't look. I felt his arms wrap around my waist & I looked down, seeing him on his knees in tears. God why? "I'm so sorry Alana. I made a huge mistake by letting you go. Please forgive me," He started cry a little harder now. "I want you back. I'm sorry." It was over with. I was about to cave. "I'm so stupid," He sniffled wiping some tears off his face then looking up at me with those brown, pleading eyes. His eyes were like my kryptonite. They made me weak. He then let go of my waist & stood up, his tears still flowing freely. "I- I don't blame you if you don't want to take me back though. And if you want to go through with the divorce. You deserve to be happy, to move on. To be with somebody who would never take you for granted like I did. You-"

"I want to be with you, Michael," I said interrupting his speech. He looked at me in shock. "I want to be with you & only you. You're the only one for me," He gave me a smile that was getting larger as I talked & grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers. "As much as it still hurts & the anger I still hold towards you, I couldn't walk away if I tried. So yes I will take you back-" I couldn't even finish my sentence before he smashed his lips into mine giving me the mind numbing kiss that he used to give me & I had missed so much. Then he pulled away & we were forehead to forehead.

"I'm making all of this up to you. I will never mess us up again. I'm really sorry bubble butt." I smiled at my old nickname.

"I know Michael. I love you."

"I love you so much more." He let go of my hands & hugged me tight. I smiled hugging back. "I won't lose you again."

"I know." He let me go & held me by my waist looking me up & down, eyes full of a mixture of love & lust. I blushed & looked away from him. It's been 15 years & he still has me like this. He gently made me face him again & kissed my lips softly.

"Don't act shy, baby girl. I'm just admiring your beauty," His lips brushed against mine as he spoke. The whole thing made me shiver. He smirked at my reaction then proceeded to kiss my cheek then down my neck. He then stopped & moved my shirt off my shoulder, kissing on my shoulder blade. I closed my eyes, finding myself getting turned on. I felt his lips being removed from my body & opened my eyes to see him still in my face. "Before I go to far, I just want to know do I have permission to make love to my wife? Because i've really missed you & your beautiful body but I don't want to go to far." I nodded slowly looking at him lustfully & that was enough for him. He swiftly picked me up & carried me over to the bed laying me down. Then, he made love to me just like he said. And reality ain't hit me till we were both naked, with me in his arms, him fast asleep at 3 in the morning.

I had the love of my life back.