Chapter 50: I Failed

August 25th, 1993
8:00pm
Alana POV

"Pop star Michael Jackson has been accused of child molestation-"

"The 'Thriller' singer-"

"Child molestation charges-" I clicked off the tv & sighed. The allegations had broke to the public yesterday & had been all over the press since.

Michael still left for tour, even though i begged him to stay or to let me go with him. He just told me no & that I shouldn't worry about him. He said he was okay. I knew he was lying, but I couldn't do anything about it.

I'm going to do something about it now though.

Last night, when he got back to the hotel, he called me crying his little heart out. It broke my heart. My baby don't deserve this. He don't deserve none of this. I fucking hate Evan Chandler & i swear to god next time i see him imma fuck him up.

So, because of last night, I decided i'm going to fly to Bangkok today & be there for my husband as best as I can. Taty is going to keep Angel for me while i'm going because my baby does not need to be exposed to this.

"Lanie." I snapped out my thoughts & saw Taty standing there. "You ready?" I nodded. "Alright. Come on Angel." Angel walked out of the kitchen with her juice in her hand. I reached my hand out & she grabbed it.

We walked outside to the truck where security was waiting for us. It were two trucks in front & behind of us. We needed it too because it was hell outside of the gates of Neverland. Press, fans, all of that. Once we got in, John closed the door then got in & we were off. The gates opened & immediately people surrounded the car. They knocked on the windows, yelling, trying to get answers to their questions. I sighed once again closing my eyes. Why out of all people Michael?

*
32 minutes later, we were at the airport. All of us got out. While security took my bags in the plane, I said my goodbyes to Taty & Angel.

"Sis its going to be okay, alright. You know Michael didn't do this, I know he didn't do this so were going to work through this. We're going to win, okay?" I nodded wiping the tears that escaped my eyes. "Don't cry Lanie." She pulled me into a hug. If Angel hadn't been there, I probably would've cried to into her shoulder but i couldn't let my baby see me down. "You gotta be strong okay? Be strong for Michael, be strong for Angel & definitely be strong for the little baby in your stomach, okay?" I nodded sniffling a little. She squeezed me a little before letting go.

I then got down low to say goodbye to Angel. "Mommy will see you later okay? Be good for Tete Taty."

"I will mommy." I smiled a little. She was so precious, so innocent.

"Mommy loves you," i said hugging her.

"I love you too mommy. And daddy." I smiled once again before giving her a quick kiss & standing back up. Taty hugged me again before I walked to the plane. I waved once again before going inside. Once inside, I sat down, put my seatbelt on & took a deep breath. Lord give me strength.

*
August 26th, 1993
1:40 pm

Damn near 18 hours later, i landed in Bangkok. I had slept a lot on the plane, so i was wide awake & ready to see Michael. John had contacted Bill to see where they were staying at. They were at the Oriental Hotel. We immediately made our way there. Bill met us outside when we got there. While John & the others got my bag, Bill & I headed upstairs.

"Is he okay?" Bill nodded. I gave him a look & he sighed.

"Not really." I sighed. My poor baby. The elevator ride was quiet the rest of the way up. We got to the top floor & he handed me a key as we walked to Michael's room. "This is his room."

"Thanks Bill."

"No problem." I opened the door & walked into darkness. I closed the door behind me & walked in slowly. "Michael?" He didn't answer. Instead i heard sniffling from the bedroom. Obviously, I followed the sniffling & walked into the room to see Michael sobbing in the corner. The sight immediately broke my heart. The tears started to flow. "Baby..."

Michael looked up & then tried to compose himself. "Alana, w-what are you doing?" He sniffled wiping his tears.

I couldn't say shit. I just ran over to him, sat down & hugged him tightly. He hugged me back & started to cry again. I let a few tears out to but kept my composure as he cried into my chest. "Why are they doing this to me? I love children. Everybody knows that. I have a child so why would i hurt one?"

"I don't know baby," I sniffled a little still trying to hold back tears. "But we'll get through this. We're going to beat this. Im not going to let that lying bastard & his child win & take you away from me. You're innocent & we're going to make sure everybody knows that, okay?" He nodded still crying into my shirt. I kissed his head rocking him a little. I then squeezed my eyes shut tight to keep myself together.

Eventually, Michael drifted to sleep. I sighed & caressed his hair. This all could've been avoided if I would've just took my gut feeling about the Chandlers serious.

"I should've protected you better," i said out loud as my tears started to fall. "After all the times you protected me, I failed to protect you the one time you really needed it." I started to sob. "Im sorry. Im so sorry."