Chapter 44 - Dancing

So, apparently, Jenn and Ryan broke up and Jacky left FIR.... I'm gonna go die in the corner now. Still support Jacky and I hope Ryan and Jenn are okay... But life is cruel, damn it... :(

My FIR books will remain the same, Jacky still in the band and Ryan and Jenn still together. It'll just be for the story.

~~~

[Meredith's POV]

Its been a few weeks since that incident with Jenna.

Ronnie has been slightly on edge, and is soon going to be on tour. He's had a few angry outbursts every few times, but I would be there for him and helped him calm down. Although I'm scared Joey will ever witness him being angry.

Today is Christina and Derek's wedding.

I was a bridesmaid with Jenn, Kendra, Christina's sister, and Christina's best friend.

Ronnie was a best men with Jacky, Ryan, a close friend of Derek's, and b.Lay.

It was a good wedding and now so far a really good reception.

I sat at the bar with Jenn sipping wine while Joey and Willow ate some of the snacks, the best men messing around with the groom while Chrsitina talked with the other bridesmaid.

"So, did the restraining order against Jenna fall through?" Jenn asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. She can't get within 300 ft or something or she'll be arrested."

"How's Ronnie? Kendra told me he lost it and almost took down the door on her," she said, sipping her glass of champagne.

I sighed. "Yeah. He didn't want to be angry. Then again, its not the first time I've seen him angry. But I was able to control him before someone got hurt," I said.

"When was the first time you saw him get angry?" she asked.

I looked around. "Best I don't say out loud. You never know who's lurking around," I said. "But I'll tell you later."

She was confused, but then understood. "Ooooh, okay."

I nodded as I sipped my wine.

"Nonetheless, you have guts to even get near him. Everyone's afraid to when he looks like he's going to explode," She said. "I remember he told me when he was in Escape the Fate, he got so mad that he just lost it and sent a guy to the hospital with a broken arm. Monte even got hurt trying to hold him back."

"I know he'll never hurt me. I trust him. He just came from a tough background and nobody ever understands that. We grew up with only one parent, and the world against us, always carrying a heavy weight on our shoulders as we grew up," I said. "Life wasn't easy for us. We may have took different paths growing up, different ways to cope with everything, but I know what he goes through. I understand what he feels most of the time," I said.

Jenn smiled and held my shoulder. "I'm really glad he met you, Meri," She said.

I smiled. "Thanks."

I then hear the music shift to a slow song as Derek and Christina had their solo dance and I smiled as we all watched them.

Just then I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked to see Ronnie smiling at me.

"May I have this dance?" Ronnie smirked.

I smiled shyly back before taking his hand and joining him on the dance floor, his hands on my waist and my arms looped around my neck.

"To think..." Ronnie smiled as we saw how happy Christina and Derek looked. "Soon that'll be us."

I smiled as I rested my head on his chest. "I can't wait anymore. I want it to be December already."

He chuckled softly as he hugged me closer and we continued to sway to the music. "Soon."

I looked up at him, feeling safe in his strong arms.

"To be honest, though, I'm a little nervous," he admitted. "I'm marrying a girl who is totally out of my league... and I'm already the father to her amazing son. How does that happen to a guy like me?"

"Lucky, I guess," I shrugged, giggling.

He smiled, but then frowned. "But I'm also scared of what is to come," he said. "The people that want to come between us."

I pursed my lips a little, then reached up and held his face in my hands.

"Remember when we were in that closet... back in High Desert..." I spoke. "And I told you about my ex-boyfriend abusing me?"

He had a hint of anger in his face as he tightened his hold on me, but not enough to hurt me. "I regret not putting that bastard in a coma for what he did to you, laying his hands on you like that....." he grumbled, but then he went soft. "But yeah. I can never forget... It was also the day you became my girl, and I became the luckiest guy in the prison, and on Earth."

I blushed softly. "Yeah... But... You remember what you told me? After I said I was scared of what would happen if I left Shane?"

He scrunched his eyebrows, thinking about it. "What was it?"

"You told me, that... we all have to be brave, just like you had to while you were in there," I said.

He looked at me with a small smile on his face.

"Those words kept me going all those years I didn't see you," I said.

He smiled at me.

"And as cheesy as this sounds, I even had the word Brave tattooed because of those words," I confessed, holding up my wrist.

He laughed and took my hand in his, kissing my wrist where the wird remained engraved, then holding my hand close to his cheek, which I gently held as I leaned against him, both of us listening to the slow music as everyone danced around Christina and Derek, us included.

"What did I ever do for God to have granted me a gift as amazing as you in my life?" He murmured as his lips pressed against my forehead.

I smiled up at him as we kissed.

"I love you, Ronnie," I said.

"And I love you, Meredith," he smiled as we continue to dance the night away.

I can't imagine life if I never met Ronnie... And I don't ever want to imagine that....

~~~~~

It's been a while and I am so sorry for not updating in forever!

I decided to put Spirits by The Strumbellas for this chapter because I've been REALLY obsessing over this song lately. I love it! ❤

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

♡~ sapphire.