Chapter 11 - Bar Fights

[Meredith’s POV]

I looked in the mirror one last time.

Thankfully, my bruises are healing, but I’m still wearing a jacket to cover up, as well as some healing a bit on my neck so a scarf is needed

I had on my striped black and white top, black skinnies, black heeled boots, a nice red scarf with a black denim jacket. My hair was in loose waves and my make up done lightly, with only my lips tinted in red.

I smiled before grabbing my bag and phone and heading out, seeing Kendra all ready.

“Wow! You look amazing!” she said.

I smiled. “Thanks.”

“Let’s go. Sarah is already there,” she said and we all left.”

It was a 10 minute drive to the bar club and I already saw Sarah and the other CO’s there.

It was me, Kendra, Sarah, Jenna, Hanna, and Lily.

We climbed out and greeted them before walking in, music playing loud and everyone dancing, talking, and drinking or eating in the booths.

We all had a round of shots before we all decided to eat.

“To the CO’s for putting up with the crazy men!” Hannah laughed as we all made a toast and downed our shots of tequila.

Since I’m not a heavy drinker, I decided to just stick with some white wine and then a vodka, since someone had to take these ladies home, so me and Kendra were the only one’s staying sober.

As I sipped my vodka, an arm suddenly coiled around my waist.

“Hey cutie, you alone?” a deep slur said to me and I gave a disgusted look and pushed the drunk man off.

“Back off,” I snapped.

All of a sudden, a hand landed on my face and I fell back, landing on my back and hitting my head hard as all I could feel was pain.

“MEREDITH!!” I heard Kendra scream as then there was some shouting and I’m then lifted up by my arms and I’m carried out, and suddenly I feel warm air hit my face.

I open my eys, seeing a bit of a blur to see Kendra, Jenna, a random guy and Lily looking worried.

“He split her eyebrow,” Lily gasped.

“Guys, I-I’m fine,” I said, trying to stand, but then got woozy and saw black.

***

I groaned as I was blinded by a bright light and looked around, realizing I was in a hospital room.

I looked and then saw a nurse looking at some machine.

“Oh, you’re awake,” she smiled.

“W-What happened?” I asked.

“You were assaulted at a bar, and suffered a mild concussion. You’re friends bought you here since you fainted,” she explained.

‘W-Where are they?” I asked as I slowly sat up.

“A Kendra Hayes is in the waiting room with a young man. Do I allow them?” she asked.

I nodded slowly as she then left after saying I can leave once I feel better and not so dizzy and I sighed, taking a sip of water from nearby.

Just then Kendra walked in, followed by a young good looking man with long black hair and gauges, and a nose piercing, and brown eyes.

“God, thank goodness you’re okay,” she said, hugging me tight. I winced a bit, but still hugged her back.

“All I can remember some guy knocking me out,” I said.

“Yeah, police cuffed him. Sarah sobered up and drove everyone home. This guy helped carry you here,” she said, pointing to the guy.

“Hey,” he said.

“Hi. Thank you, for, helping me,” I said.

“Anytime. So long as your okay. I only saw the guy took a swing at you from nearby and I punched him before helping to carry you out,” he explained.

Soon a doctor walked in and gave me an all clear, with some medication for my concussion, and then me, Kendra, and the guy walked out.

“I’ll drive. I sobered up a bit while they took care of you,” Kendra said.

“Okay,” I said, then turned to the man. “I never got your name.”

“Oh, its Craig. Craig Mabbitt."