Chapter 17..

Me, Christine, and Brian were sitting in the art room, with piles of black material, and a sewing machine, and some thread. It was way past curfew, when we were all supposed to be in our dorms. But who really cares about following the rules, when you've got Halloween clothes to sew?

Christine helped me design a shirt, and started cutting, and sewing. Brian just watched, with a sleepy smile on his face. "You know," he yawned, "you guys didn't have to start sewing tonight. We've still got like, two or three weeks before Halloween."

"Yeah, but it's fun." Said Christine, sitting at the machine, beginning to stitch. Although I know she hated Brian or at the very least, resented him, but I think she was trying to cope with it, and trying really hard to be nice. And the meds she was taking were probably helping with that.

"Brian, you can go to sleep if you like," I said. "This IS girl stuff, you know. Go find your roommate, and bother him." I said laughing, designing a mask to cover my eyes, out of stiff black fabric.

"The longer I can stay away from THAT guy, the better." Said Brian. "You haven't met my roommate, have you Jo?" he asked.

"No, I haven't." I said looking at him.

"He's scary." Said Brian laughing.

"Yeah, but he's so good looking." Said Christine laughingly.

"Is he?" I asked her. She nodded her head vigorously. "Let's go meet him!" I said laughing. Brian gave me an injured puppy look.

"No way," He said, "he's bi-polar. And he hates me." Said Brian, laughing, "This morning, he was totally fine, and then he just starts screaming at me, 'Brian, WHY DID YOU STEAL MY SOCKS!?!'. I was like 'Dude, I would NEVER EVEN TOUCH your socks.' He was pretty pissed...." I started cracking up.

"Come on," I said, through giggles, "We all know you have a sock fetish."

"Ohhh yeah." He purred. "I love other men's socks."

"I knew it!" Exclaimed Christine, laughing.

We hadn't had fun like that since Chris was around. I missed Chris, but I decided to just get past that. We departed and went to sleep, and I had good dreams for the first time in a long time. Lately, I had been dreaming about my parents, and it had been really rough. I hadn't told anybody about it either, which, in part, made it worse.

The next week passed pretty painlessly. Classes were as annoying as ever, but I had Brian to help me get through it. We were both barely passing Biology, but what did we care? I wasn't intending to become a scientist anyway. Christine and I had successfully sewed two shockingly nice looking black tops, for the Halloween Masquerade. Which the school was now completely a-buzz about. I had made a small black mask, to cover my eyes, and Christine had made a red one. Brian said he was going to make a white one, but he hadn't done it yet. I continued my daily sessions with Dr. Menson, and they grew increasingly harder to bare.

Once, I came out of his office extremely depressed, and just slumped down next to Brian in his "office" full of hodge-podged papers, and laid my head on his shoulder, breathing deeply.

"Dr. Menson is just an ass." Brian had said defiantly. "He'll get his someday." He had whispered.

"Yeah," I had sighed. "I wish." Dr. Menson=the definition of evil.

Friday night, something funny had happened. Brian had asked me on a date. At first I had laughed, and reminded him, "Brian we're not allowed to leave campus." And he had just sighed, patted my head saying, "Jo, you forget, I know everything there is to know about this place. We'll find something to do."

Naturally, I had accepted. Now it was Saturday night, and I was dressing in my typical weekend best. A t-shirt, jeans, and combat boots. Not exactly dressy, but I knew Brian well enough that I didn't have to impress him, by now.

"Where are you going?" Asked Christine suspiciously, as I glanced at myself in a little mirror in our dorm, and put some make up on.

"I've got a hot date." I said with a laugh.

"Oh, with Brian?" she asked.

"Yes." I replied. "Do you...." she began, and faltered, "Do you love him?" she asked. She looked really hurt, and upset.

"Yes." I said, trying not to be cruel with it.

"He loves you. I can tell. He was never that way with me...." she trailed off. I was about to say something, try and say something nice, or comforting even, but there was a knock at our door. I stood still for a moment, wondering if I should open it, and leave Christine here alone. "Go on!" she assured me, pointing to the door. So I opened it, and walked out the door, with Brian's arm around me, trying to forget about Christine, and instead figure out where Brian was taking me.

............................................................

VOTE & COMMENTS..?