Fourteen

Three years later. Alan's POV

"Where's daddy?" Ashton asked. She visited Austin a couple months ago. I flew to LA and let him see her. We lived in a tiny apartment. I have all my stuff shoved in a closet.

"Daddy isn't coming home."

"Why not?" She asked.

"Daddy doesn't love me."

"Can we go to the park?"

"Course." We went to the park and I carried her around. We sat on a bench and she laid her head on my chest.

It's hard being a single parent. Really hard. Austin's grandparents send me money. I put almost all of it in her college fund. I work the night shift at a store. It's small and she's a good kid so I take her with me. My boss doesn't mind. She understands.

"Mommy, look at the ducky."

"I see it, baby." I said.

"Alan?" Someone asked.

"Daddy!" I looked back and saw Austin and his band (Aaron, Shay, Tino, and Phil).

"Hey, Ash." He whispered. I got up and straightened my coat out. I saw Austin was in a tank top.

"You're gonna get sick, Austin." I whispered.

I took his trench coat off and gave it to him. "I've been looking for this."

"It was in my suitcase when I left." I whispered. I looked at the guys and they hugged me. I hugged back.

"We miss you, Alan."

"I missed you guys too. I just couldn't risk anyone knowing where I am. Except his grandparents and mine."

"My grandparents?!" He yelled.

"Yeah. They send me money because I don't get child support from you."

"You never gave me an address." Austin defended.

"I know." I whispered.

"We're going to let you two talk." The guys left and I looked at Austin.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. "I really am. I miss you. I miss my ginger And I miss Ash."

"I miss you too." I whispered.

"I know what I did was wrong and unacceptable. I shouldn't have done that to you. You're the nicest guy I've ever met. You care about everybody else and you put yourself last. I love that about you. Hell, I love everything about you. I need you back, Alan. I need you and your weirdness and craziness." He whispered.

"Can I come back to America with you?" I asked.

"Do you have a passport?" I nodded. "We can get your stuff and can talk on the bus."

"Thank you." I whispered. I grabbed his arm. "I'll walk you to my place." He motioned the guys over. I started walking home. "It's really small so.." I said.

"It's okay."

"All my stuff is shoved in a closet." I said.

"What about her stuff?"

"It's in the bedroom. I sleep on a mattress in the living room." Austin frowned. "It's fine. Just constant back pains."

"Alan, that's not good for your back."

"I've been pregnant. I'm fine." I replied.

"Mommy, do I get to see daddy more?" She asked excitedly.

"Yes, baby." I said. "We're going to take a trip with him."

"Yay!" She clapped. She looked around her. "Does daddy have body guards?"