[24] Something Beautiful

I felt new, I felt different. And I realized yet another thing.

My glass surrounding wasn't the only thing that had been broken. I, myself, had been shattered too. The old me - the one living in fear and pain - had been broken into millions of tiny pieces. And I had been made new.

It felt good. It felt...unexplainable.

When I had finished the prayer that would change my life forever, Jason had told me...

"God's going to take all of your brokenness and he's going to make something beautiful from it. You just watch."

And I believed him. My life was going to be changed forever from this day on.

Of course there was still pain deep in my heart. But it was okay. I was so much more happy now. Truly and genuinely happy.

It had been four months since I'd known Jason. And in that time, everything had changed.

I hadn't wanted to be broken. I wanted to stay safe and be protective. I hadn't wanted my heart to be broken or for myself to be broken. I had been scared that Jason would do that. That he would break me.

And he had. Jason  broke me. But in the best way possible. I'd been shattered and made new.

The pieces of my heart were yet to be put back together. But in due time, it would happen. My brokenness would be taken...and made into something beautiful. Just like Jason said.

***

Alyssa was so excited when she heard that I had given my life to Jesus. "How does it feel?" She asked me.

"It feels...beautiful."

She smiled. "Do you have the hope that you always wanted now?"

"Yes. Yes I do." I smiled at her.

I frowned a tiny bit. "Wait...how did you know that that's what I wanted?"

She laughed. "Jason told me."

I shook my head, laughing a little bit. "Jason tells you a lot of things about me doesn't he?"

"Yeah. It doesn't matter though. I'm his sister. So he tells me a lot of stuff."

***

Snow had begun to fall. Christmas was nearing and I  wondered what Christmas would be like this year. I had always spent Christmas alone, year after year. Sitting in front of the window watching the rest of the world have fun.

But this year was going to be different. Much different. I wasn't alone this year. Even if I did stay at home, my day wouldn't be spent in ruins of depression and loneliness. I had too much joy for that to even be possible.

It seemed that all the broken pieces of my life were falling into place. And this Christmas...was going to be something beautiful.