[15] Maybe I Do...

The rain finally let up.

My hair had hardly dried at all. It was still very wet and sort of...stringy. Jason ans I both stepped from under the tree. I was still sneezing and I just knew I was catching a cold now. Why did I have to wear this outfit of all outfits today?

We walked over to parking lot of the coffee shop where Jason's motorcycle was parked. He had recently purchased it and he liked to use it more than his car. I thought that he was proud of himself for buying it "on his own". But we both knew that his parents had helped him to pay for it. But he did pay for most of it. I'd give him that. I thought it looked pretty cool.

Jason mounted the dark green motorcycle and looked to me. "You wanna ride? There's plenty room."

I looked nervously to the motorcycle. "Um...no thanks"

Jason laughed a little bit. "Don't worry. I was mostly joking."

"Mostly?"

He just smiled and winked at me. "Anyways, how are you going to get home?"

"I'll walk. My aparment isn't very far."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Thanks anyways."

"Alright."

He picked up his helmet and put it on. He revved up the engine which was very loud and he rode off, waving at me. I waved back. And I began walking home.

***************************

It was Monday again. I hated Monday. Monday meant the weekend was over and I had school to do. And school brought studying. And studying brought stress. I didn't hate school, I just hated studying.

I stood in the halls, looking about me. I was on break and the halls filled with chatter from students going this way and that.

I finally landed my eyes on two girls who were staring at me, while talking low and laughing. I couldn't make out what they were saying because of the loud talking from everyone else. I had noticed the same girls watching me during class and I wondered why. What did I do?

I didn't know much about the girls, but I knew that the first one's name was Stepanie and she had strawberry blonde hair. And the other one's name was Katie and she had a golden brown hair.

Finally they stopped talking and walked over to me. "Hi." They said together, smiling. I didn't say anything. Why would they suddenly want to talk to me now, when they never had before? I wanted to find out their real purpose in coming up to me.

"So," Stepanie said. "We were just wondering...how you did it."

"Did what?" I asked frowning.

"You know what. How did you get Jason?"

"Get him?"

"Yeah. How did you get to be his girlfriend. I mean, every girl in school wants that chance. The majority of the girls here have a crush on him. "

"What? I'm not his girlfriend. We're just friends."

"Yeah right. Call it what you want. Just tell us how you did it. Did you tell him that you like him?"

"Like him?"

"Yeah." Katie said. "You DO like him, don't you?"

"I..."

"Oh, come on! You cant not like him! Hes the cutest boy in school. Not to mention, the most popular."

"Why should I like someone because of how cute they are? Or how popular?"

"Because...well, because that's just how it works." Stephanie said. "Anyway, do you realize that everyone is starting to notice you now? I mean now that you're Jason's girlfriend..."

"I'm not his girlfriend."

"Whatever. Anyway, you're going to get a lot more popular now. Trust me."

"I don't want to be popular."

"Why not? So many girls would give anything to be Jason's girlfriend and to get popular."

"Would you stop saying that I'm his girlfried? I'm not, okay? We're just friends!"

"Fine. Whatever you say..." They both turned to walk away.

"Wait." I stopped them. They turned back around to me.

"Um..." I paused. "How can you tell if...you like a guy?" I asked.

I couldn't believe that I was actually asking them of all people. They didn't seem like they were the best people to ask. But I was desperate to know.

"Well," Katie said. "How do you feel about Jason?"

"I-I don't know. I always get this unexplainable feeling about him. And...he makes me happy. He means a lot to me. But the feeling in my heart whenever he's around...I just can't explain it."

"Is it a good feeling?"

"Well, yes."

"Then you definitely like him."

"I do?"

"Yup." Stephanie stated. "And you should be happy. You're lucky to have a guy like him. Like I said, before, every girl wants to be his girlfriend. "

They turned and they left before I could deny again that I was his girlfriend.

Maybe it was true. Maybe I liked Jason. Maybe I even liked him more than I knew...

(Heyzies! This chapter is dedicated to AlanisCamacho bcuz she. is. amaze!! Thanks so much for all of ur comments, girl! Annnddd...I just wanted to let you guys that even if I don't reply to a comment, it doesn't mean I don't see it. My notifications go to my e-mail. So I ALWAYS see them. So keep commenting! I love reading you guys' comments! Thanks so much!! Love ya! Xx)