[4] Someone Who Cares

Dedicated to GodGirl91 for the cover above! xx

*This chapter is written in Jason's point of veiw. The following chapter will return to Serenity's. :)*

~~

From the moment I saw Serenity, I knew there was something weird about her. Not in a bad way...she was just different. So quiet, so mysterious.

And I'd only just met her, but I could see she was broken.

I noticed, after a while, that she didn't talk to anyone unless asked a question. She would sit alone or stand against a wall somewhere, watching everyone else. Like she had no one to talk to. And maybe it was true. I couldn't tell.

But I could tell that she was broken in some way or another. It shown in her eyes. She needed help.

And if no else was gonna help her, then I was going to. There was something in my heart telling me that she was in desperate need of someone who cared. She needed someone to listen to her when she talked. Someone to be there when she was alone. Someone to understand.

I noticed that she was kind of avoiding me. I couldn't tell why, but I knew she needed someone to stay persistent. So I did.

I asked her to be my studying partner. She agreed with hesitation.

Maybe I could strike up a conversation with her. I wanted to get to know this girl a little better. And not because of any of the reasons that any other guy might want to get to know a girl. No, it was because it hurt me to see her hurting. And I cared.

I think maybe she was...scared to talk to me. I didn't know why but I was going to try my best to find out about this girl and to be the closest to a friend that I could be. I wanted to show her that I cared. I wanted to show her that she didn't need to be afraid of me. Or of everybody else.

I figured that she was afraid to talk to people because she was afraid that they would hurt her in some way. Most likely mentally and emotionally. But I wanted to show her that not everyone is heartless.