Chapter Three

It's weird, you know realizing that within a split second your life could be over. It's alarming and peaceful all at the same time. The bottom of the deep pool was dark, and overwhelming. Finding that all the water around me was a threat to my life, nerves and consciousness of my surroundings came flooding into me again; I was being brought back to reality.

I could feel something -most likely water- stuck in my throat, keeping the air from filling my lungs. It felt like there were a hundred different pins stabbing into my insides, and I struggled to let out a scream from the pain. No matter how hard I tried, no sound would come from my lips.

Just then, there was sharp pounding on my chest, followed by shouting.

"Why the hell did you push her Louis!?"

"I didn't mean to! I'm sorry!"

"Someone call 911!"

"Ronnie?! Oh my god Ronnie!"

There was more pressure on my lungs, and finally I sat up, spitting the water out of my throat and violently gasping for air.

My eye's fluttered open to see a blonde figure dripping wet over me, patting my back in an effort to help me breathe.

"It's alright babe. Your friend is here for ya."

Woah.

As disgustingly cheesy as this sounds, for a split second I honestly thought I was in heaven, because before me was the most angelic figure I had ever seen.

"Ronnie!" Val exclaimed, before pulling me into a tight hug. "Don't scare me like that! I thought you were gone!"

I could feel myself quietly sobbing into her shoulder, whispering that I was okay and everything was going to be fine. Don't ask me where the tears are coming from, because I haven't a clue. Does alcohol make you this emotional?

"Who saved me? Where are we?" Numerous questions came spilling over my lips.

I looked around in the secluded room we were in, along with the same guys I saw near the pool.

"Um, what's your name again?" Valerie asked the blonde angel, who was also dripping wet.

"My names Niall, love." He flashed me a small smile, and turned back to Valerie: cheeks burning and all. Jesus.

"Niall saved you, Ronnie."

I thanked Niall by pulling him into a hug, which he seemed a bit startled by, but eventually my savior hugged me back. I don't care if he's uncomfortable or not; this sexy gift from God is going to hug me back while I smell his hair whether he likes it or not.

The other boys in the room were shifting back and forth awkwardly, and I stole a glance from Zayn.

"Are you alright?" I turned to him, unsure what exactly happened after I fell.

He looked at me dumbfounded and chuckled. "I think the real question here is, are you alright?"

I smiled at the ground, before there was a small knock at the door.

"Here mate, I found some towels." The tall guy said, gesturing for Niall to take them.

He handed one to me and I turned back to the man who had just walked in, thanking him.

"No problem love. My names Liam by the way. This is Louis," pointing to the older looking guy with a bit of stubble on his chin, "this is Harry," pointing to the green-eyed looker, who flashed a cheeky grin at me, "and you've already met Zayn and Niall."

I nodded, while putting the towel around my shoulders. Were they this good looking ten minutes ago?

I guess alcohol has a way of disconnecting your eyes from your brain, because if I saw these boys by the pool earlier, I would've been all over that in-

"I'm sorry for pushing you, I didn't mean any harm." Louis said quietly, guilt covering his expression.

"It's really not your fault, I'm just clumsy."I put a hand on his shoulder, reassuring the poor guy.

He had a smile on his face then, happy I accepted his apology.

These boys remind me of something, but I just can't put my finger on it.

Just as Harry seemed to have read my mind, he spoke up.

"You've probably seen us in the magazines. You know, "world's biggest boy band" never goes unnoticed by the press." He chuckles, running a hand over his head to push back his curls.

"Oh yeah! My sister loves you guys! One Direction right?" Valerie exclaimed.

No wonder they were so familiar! Little Casey had them all over her walls!

They all smiled and nodded, then Liam spoke up again.

"So what happened back there? Did you hit your head before you fell in the pool? Because I'm confused to why you didn't just swim to the surface. -Not to be rude of course." He added, raising his hands as if to signal to harm was meant.

At that moment my heart stopped.

What was I supposed to say?! I can't just tell a world famous boy band that I'm eighteen years old with no experience in swimming.

Hell no!

"Yeah, I-uh, hit my head on one of the pool chairs. Plus, you know what alcohol does to you, ha." I sputtered nervously, not wanting to seem too questionable.

I guess it worked, because all the boys nodded. All the boys, except- Niall. I could see him watching, looking totally unconvinced.

Damn it... play it cool Ronnie, play it cool.

I looked down at my soiled clothes and groaned.

"Ugh, Val, what are we gonna do now? I'm dripping wet!" I ran my hand through my hair, showing my frustration.

Harry snickered a bit at my comment, and then let out an "oomph" sound as Liam elbowed his gut.

"We have some extra clothes at the hotel if you want. We can wash and dry yours and you guys can just stay with us for the night." Niall offered, his eyes shining with satisfaction in his sudden idea.

"Yeah, I don't mind. You and your friend here can crash in me and Niall's room tonight." Zayn added.

I stole a glance at Val, who was practically drooling over Zayn.

I mean, staying with One Direction in their hotel for a night couldn't be so bad, right?

---

Wrong.

"Harold! Carry me to our room!" Louis shouted, as Harry picked him up and opened their hotel door. If they weren't both dudes, you'd think they were newly weds.

Liam groaned, following them inside before adding "This is the last time I room with them on tour." He said, directing his complaint to Niall and Zayn.

I could see Zayn smirking at Liam, which made me chuckle as well.

Not a minute later Louis came out of the room with Harry trailing closely behind, a devious grin on his face. That's when I noticed the bottle of Jack Daniels clutched in his hand.

Oh, more alcohol. Goody.

Just when I thought I was nearly sober...

"Alright, everyone in Niall and Zayn's room, it's truth or dare time! So chop-chop!" Louis practically screamed, and I covered my ears from his obnoxious wailing.

"Okay, gather in a circle." Harry said, taking a swig of the vodka.

We did as we were told and waited for someone to start.

"I'll go first." Harry said, raising his hand. "Ronnie, truth or dare?"

"Truth." I said, and he groaned.

"Oh you're no fun! Alright, um... do you think I'm cute?" Wow, way to go "6th grade" on me Harry.

He wiggled his eyebrows and gave me a small wink. I laughed quietly, who is this kid?!

Zayn groaned, followed by Liam.

"Mate, you ask the same question every time! You aren't going to get a girl by openly asking her stuff like that!"

Valerie's eyebrows shot up in surprise, and I stifled a giggle.

"Oh, so you guys have girls in your hotel rooms a lot?"

"N-no! That's not what he was meaning to say!" Niall exclaimed, and then quietly hung his head in shame, his cheeks bursting with different shades of pink.

Louis cackled at Niall's outburst, pointing his finger and struggling to catch his breath.

After everyone settled down, Harry pointed out that I still hadn't answered his question.

"You're a very handsome boy Harry," I answered, "and I'm sure some girl will be very lucky to call herself yours, just not me."

He smiled gratefully at me, nudging me and then casually hanging his arm over my shoulder.

"I like these girls already! Okay Liam, your turn." Harry said, turning towards Liam, who was on his right.

"Valerie, truth or dare?"

"Eh, truth."

Harry groaned again, making me chuckle. I guess he wanted a bit more excitement.

"Okay, what are you and Ronnie's last names?"

"Oh Liam, way to be square." Zayn commented.

I put a hand over my mouth and giggled quietly. Liam threw a small glare at Zayn, then brushed it off and turned back to Val.

"I'm Valerie Novell, and that chick over there is Ms. Moore." She said, pointing to me.

"Nice! Your turn Valerie."

"Eenie, meenie, miney, Niall. Truth or dare?"

Niall smiled, which showed his braces through his lips.

"Dare." He said defiantly, ready for a fight.

"Good. That's what I was hoping for. Take Ronnie into the other hotel room with the lights off for fifteen minutes, and then we'll come and get you." What is this, middle school?

He looked a bit uneasy, and I finally got impatient and dragged him out of the room, while hearing Harry and Louis's cat calls down the hallway.

"Guess she wants you bad, Niall!" That was either Louis or Zayn who said that, and whoever is was, I'm going to kill him when I get back.

Niall opened the door with the key and led me inside, before shutting off the lights, making me jump.

I took a seat on the floor, and I could feel Niall sit and join me, which is when the silence started. Occasionally Niall hummed a random tune, but stopped after a while.

He cleared his throat, before he shifted himself towards me; or that's what I thought, since it was pitch black inside the room.

"Ronnie, I know you didn't hit your head, like when you fell."

My breath hitched, and I was soon grateful for the darkness, because it was covering the uncomfortable expression spread across my face.

"W-what are you talking about? I already told you I hit the pool ch-"

I was cut off by Niall's hand grabbing mine, which made me all the more nervous about our current situation.

"Ronnie, it's okay. Lots of people don't know how to swim."

What.

How did he...

"D-don't tell anyone okay? Valerie doesn't even know." I said slowly, defeat in my tone.

"I won't. As a matter of fact, I'm going to give you lessons." He replied, squeezing my hand.

"What did you say?"

I was completely shocked, obviously surprised at his new offer.

Niall huffed and got up, making his way to the lights, flicking them on. I met his blue eyes as he helped me off the floor, and took my hands in his once again.

"Ronnie Moore, I'm going to teach you how to swim."

A/N Yay!! Wow, three chapters in one day! You guys are lucky ;) So, now that Niall is giving her swimming lessons, they're going to be spending a LOT of time together, wink wink.

I'll probably be able to update tomorrow, since today is the start of spring break. So I'll try to get in as many chapters as I can!!

Vote, comment, eat some sausage. -Jasmine xxx