Chapter 7: I will be right here, waiting.

Chapter 7

I will be right here, waiting 

*KRYSTAL

Tiffani's forehead creased as soon as I excuse myself from tonight's tutoring with her and Kirk.

"Well if you say so." she shrugged, "But why did you asked him in the first place?"

I myself have been asking the same question. Avoiding Tiffani's confused look as I eye myself around looking for an answer, more like an excuse. She waved her hands right in front of my eyes, and that woke me up from my reveries.

"HEY! Krystal, is there something wrong?" she yelled slowly as if everything's set on slow motion.

"Quit it!" putting her hands down, "Here's the truth," I can't believe I'm about to burst out a lie. A lie that's extremely believable in my state, not that if you're gullible. I let out a sigh before continuing my deceit, "It's just that I've been thinking about Jared all the time that I... I... thought that that was Jarred so I agreed instantly." I said exaggeratedly and defensively at the same time. It took a few seconds for me to realize that Tiffani didn't respond to me. She's looking behind me for the second time. I looked behind and saw...

Jarred.

He walked near us and formed a smirk on his face, "Oh! So you're thinking about me all the time?" There's an awe plastered on his face. A teasing smug followed. I felt my sweat dripped down my face. I sweat a lot when I'm lying, so it's quite predictable if I'm giving someone my unnoticeable deceits.

"You're sweating. Here." he handed me his scarf. But I didn't take it. So instead, he swept the sweat off my face himself. After that, his eyes were fixed on mine. Softly, he rubbed his hands to my cheeks and opened his mout as if he's about to blurt out a romantic line. But I was surprised as he teased, "Your whiteheads must really love you, huh? They tend to stay in your face." then he bursted out of laughter where Tiffani joined in. I crossed my arms and glared at them. Tiffani already stopped laughing, while it took a couple of more seconds for Jarred to calm down.

"Ok, I'll stop." he said, wiping his tears he got from laughing. How could he laugh like that, I mean it's not even funny.

"Wait?! Why are you even here? You're supposed to be in your Algebra class." I scolded him.

"Woah, Krys. You memorized his class schedule? Well what can I say, it's hard to track boyfriends without knowing their class schedule." Tiffani teased and smirked at Jarred which then threw a high-five at her.

I rolled my eyes at them. "Just answer the question Mister!"

He turned to look at me. Leaning closer his face towards mine. "Wow, Krys. Every day you're becoming more like," he paused. His hands on my left cheek, and his eyes wandering my face and stopped at my lips. His innocent smile turned into a devil smirk and mouthed, "My mother!" so he and Tiffani burst into laughter again. So much for assuming, Ms. Jones.

Instead of losing my patience, I turned around and was about to do my dramatic walk-out when Jarred grabbed my hand. "Hey, where are you going?"

"Who cares?!" I exclaimed coldly.

"I'm just messing with you Krys. The truth is I was sent out of the class."

I let out a chuckle, which obviously relieved me from coldness. He glared at me childishly. "What?" I asked defensively.

"Why are you laughing? I was the one who received a permission to go out of the class. Not that I wanted to, but I have to." he said with a childish tone, crossing his arms.