Chapter 3: My fantasies are over

Chapter 3
My fantasies are over

"Great!" Tiffani said. She's really happy, I could tell. She's jumping for joy.

All the students from the room left, except me and Tiffani. We're exchanging cellphone numbers, e-mails and other stuff. I'm starting to like her even more. Our interest is so much the same. We're still in the room, someone's knocking at the door.

"Uh, come in?" I said slowly. I mean it's a classroom. We do not own it.

It's Jarred! My heart is pounding. I do not know why, but I'm nervous. But why am I acting weird now, this morning I felt fine around him. Or maybe the confusion helped me to regard less about HIM.

"Hey babe" Wrapping his arms around me. Really, I'm not used to.

"Uhhh, hey!" I said in an uncomfortable tone. "What brings you here?" I asked.

"Dinner tonight... you and I" he said romantically, his eyes fixed on me.

I don't know what to say. I can't just reject him. Ok, so maybe I'll go. Plus, I know that that's not a question, more like a statement. "Sure" that's all I can come up with. Then he left the classroom meeting his best buds outside the door, which are always following him around.

Tiffani coughed, probably reminding me that she's still in the room. And when I looked at her, she giggled.

"What?" I asked, smiling.

"Nothing. Aren't you two the sweetest thing?" she giggled again.

I spent the rest of the day with Tiffani. She's fun to be with than Porsche, or I'm just saying this because I know I don't like her that much. Enough of that. I've got less than 30 minutes to get dressed for dinner with Jarred. I wonder where he's taking me. Not again to that restaurant that I almost got my first kiss three years ago. He kept reminding me of that just because, Erik Matthews - my date, had dumped me knowing the fact that Jarred is my best friend. There's this issue between the two of them that I really can't understand because Jarred wouldn't tell me, and I can't ask Erik because he already had transferred to another school right after our date.

At Jarred's car...

"So, what's up? Where are you taking me? I'm wishing that we're not heading to the... to that dumped restaurant" I can't even say the name of the restaurant.

"You mean 'Manger Heureux' the french restaurant? Yeah, it's pretty hard to pronounce it. I agree" but Jarred said the words without any flaw and then he chuckled.

"Yeah THAT." I said half-sarcastically.

"To your luck, no. We're not eating there. I wouldn't want to remember those bitter moments you spent with that jerk. And plus, you're mine now." he said it with different tones. Now I'm confused.

"Huh? I don't quite understand. I never did, anyway. But what does me being yours has to do something about you hating Erik?" I asked, looking bewildered. I'm not assuming about Jarred hating on Erik has to do something with me. But since the tone of his voice says it all, I let those phrases to burst out.

"Don't you get it? I'm already crushing on you that time. That is why I interrupted the moment he's about to kiss you." His eyes full of jealousy. And I'm not even sure if laughing would offend him but actually, I did.

"I finally understand now. You don't have to be jealous. I'm all yours now, and you know it" I was shocked knowing I just said that out loud.

Jarred looked at me. His smile is wider than ever.

"Are we still on earth?" I'm beginning to act bothered since all I can see outside the windows are trees. Jarred didn't respond. He stopped the engine dragged me outside, and then he covered my eyes with his hand. Seriously? Why does he kept doing that?

After few seconds of walking, he finally removed his hands off my eyes letting me to see. But I didn't open my eyes yet.

"You can look now." he said.

I opened my eyes, somehow scared. I saw a translucent figure of a huge tree with lights attached to its leaves, which appeared to me as a bokeh. I blinked three times to see if it really was there, or I was just hallucinating. It's settled. I'm not imagining things. Sheets were lying underneath the beautiful tree. On top of that was a basket. Looks like we're eating here. Much better than having to dine at that horrible restaurant. Or at that luxury restaurant that drags me to hell by having to reminisce THOSE incident.

Jarred held my hand as he escorted me towards to that place.

"Did you like it?" he asked, smiling as usual.

Could you stop that? You're making me melt.

"I love it. So... what made you do all this stuff?" I asked, extremely surprised. He has never done this before to a girl.

"Because of you" leaning his face against mine. To my surprise, I found myself moving my face away from his without him noticing.

"You silly" I laughed.

After we finished dinner. We cuddled with each other. I'm forcing myself to feel that this is weird. But I failed. I feel safe while in his arms that're hugging me tight. I think I'm in love with him. AGAIN! Hope this will turn out to be just fine.

"That's my favourite star" pointing at the brightest little star in the sky. "I call it Krystal, your name. But others didn't know it. I told them I call it 'Verre' since everyone's nagging me about it."

I was flattered, really. I couldn't say anything, so I just smiled at him as a response.

I hope this night would not end. I'm feeling more comfortable with him now, OR NOT! He's leaning his face closer to mine as if he's about to ki-.... He's going to kiss me! Oh my gosh! I couldn't help it. I just close my eyes waiting for his lips to touch mine.

Unfortunately, it didn't. I felt like I was alone now. I tried to open my eyes, but it seems my eyes were open all this time but the thing is - all I can see is black. I opened my mouth hoping for words to come out. I'm screaming! I'm screaming already but why can't I hear anything?

"JARRED! JARRED!" I yelled though I know I'm voiceless.

I kept on yelling until I heard one familiar sound.

Krrrriiiiing!~

My eyes opened itself while I'm in the state of horror and shock. I'm back again to the room I knew I owned. Most of the things here were pink, so I'm really here, back in my own room, back in my house. I was JUST dreaming.

"Hey, I'm here. I'm here" It was Jarred. Oh my gosh. It was only just a dream. I frowned.
"Is everything alright?" he asked.

I couldn't find the words to say. Though I have this question in mind.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. I was actually going for a sarcastic tone, but confusions let me down.

"To pick you up. Now get up cause if you don't we're going to be late for school" he said in a delightful voice. I don't know why.

I did come into my senses that the whole thing about Jarred being always the one who's taking me to school because he's my boyfriend was just a dream. So there's no way that he really is my boyfriend. I snapped out of my fantasies and got dressed as soon as Jarred left my room and waited for me at the living room.

The trip going to the school went obviously awkward. He kept talking to me, but I didn't say a word. I figured that nodding was enough of a response.