Chapter 2: My life, the other way around

Chapter 2

My Life, the other way around

I wander around the room. Examining things. Then I am convinced. This is precisely not my room. But where the hell could this room be? Whose room? This is definitely not my sister's, Tracy. I know.

I confused myself so much that it took me to the point to go out of the room.

"Mom! ... Dad! ... Tracy!" I called, looking extremely bewildered. I ran fast downstairs and luckily I found them.

"Oh, good you're awake. Grab your breakfast now." Said mom then followed by a smile. I found Dad and Tracy already eating their breakfast. But why none of them dared to speak about where are we.

"Mom, where are we?" I finally asked.

"What kind of a question is that sweetie? Of course home, where else? You're just starving. I know. Now eat." Said mom.

I didn't bother asking her about things that bother me right now. I ought to find out by myself. I finished my meal about to head to the garage.

"Wait, honey, where are you going?" Mom asked a soon as I got up.

"To the garage, going to school mom." I replied.

"No, have you forgotten? Your boyfriend takes you to school usually. Be patient, you wait ok?" Said mom. Hearing her response weakens me, especially when she got to the part where MY boyfriend's taking me to school. Who is he? I don't even remember going steady with someone. I chose to go with the flow and not ask anyone questions to avoid confusion with everyone.

After a minute, I heard a car beeped in the front of our house. I don't know what I'm feeling. I don't know what these feelings are. I'm excited to see who he is, but nervous as well. I waved and kissed goodbye my mom and dad, and Tracy for the first time.

As I got to the front door, someone opened it. I accidentally slipped right after I saw who it was.

"Oops! Falling for me again?" Someone teased and laughed softly.

"Ha! Ha!" I faked a laugh. "Nice one, Jarred. But what are you doing here?" And yes, it was Jarred Deans, my best friend.

"Are you ok?" He asked while helping me to stand. He held my hand and I felt a spark, then suddenly my heart beats faster. I closed my eyes hoping I'm not blushing.

"Yes, I'm fine. But what exactly are you doing here may I ask?" I asked the same question again. Hoping that he's not the 'MY' boyfriend whom my mom was referring to earlier.

"You cute little girl." He said while pinching my cheeks, as if I were a baby. "I'm always driving you to school. Remember? So today won't be different."

"Oh, ok. My BESTFRIEND," I gave emphasis to the word best friend.

"And now your boyfriend, let's go" He said then grabbing me outside and not letting me talk.

He opened the door and buckled the seatbelt on for me.

"You know, you're weird today." Jarred said while driving.

"Huh? No. Everything's weird, Not me" I said awkwardly.

"Whatever you say." Then he smiled.

"Hey, mind if I ask something?" I asked.

"Ask away." He replied.

"Uhm, you're not exactly my..." I started, "Uhm, my boyfriend, right?" I choked while saying the word boyfriend. "No offense." I added before he could reply.