Chapter 36

Sophia's POV

"Sophia! I'm coming up there!" Isabelle calls from the kitchen.

"Great!" I shout back.

I'm glad my parents said I could go on this date with Jeremy. He said he's gonna pick me up at 7:30. It's already 6:00.

"Hurry up, Isabelle!" I yell.

She comes into my room without even knocking. First, she grabs my arm and pulls me into the closet.

"Okay, did he say casual or fancy?" Isabelle asks in a somewhat calm tone.

"I don't really know," I say. "He just said he'd pick me up at 7:30."

"Ugh. Men..." She mutters, and I let out a small giggle.

"How about this?" I ask, holding up a dark blue sequin skirt.

"No," she answers, waving her hand. "Too sparkly."

"Fine."

"Ooh! How about this?" She squeals.

She holds up a grey one-shoulder dress. That one's of my favorites. I pick up a white stretchy belt from the ground and put it next to the dress.

"Perfect!" I exclaim.

"Now for shoes," Isabelle says in her serious voice, as if we're talking about who just got elected governor or something.

"I don't have many," I tell her.

"What size are you?" She asks frantically.

"5 1/2, why?" I reply.

"Great. Me too," she says. "You can borrow some of mine."

I quickly grab the dress and belt and bolt downstairs to the guest house with her. We almost fall into the pool, but we don't care.

I check my phone. What? It's already 6:30? Great. One more hour. 60 minutes.

Isabelle jiggles the door handle till it turns. We enter the room where Xander is laying on the bed.

"Xander, get out!" I scream. "Girl stuff!"

He mutters something ride under his breathe, but he does leave. Isabelle digs thought her suitcase, throwing things so I have to dodge them.

"Are you preparing me for a date or ninja school?" I half joke.

She finally pulls out a pair of black wedges. They're probably about 3 inches. They have little bows on the side, and they're really cute.

"Wow, these are adorable!" I squeal.

I pull off my shorts and T-shirt and pull on the dress, followed by the belt and shoes. Isabelle drags me to the bathroom to do my makeup. Wow. I never realized how much dragging and pulling is involved in date preparation.

"Okay, so were just going to do a natural smokey eye," she explains, taking deep breaths, which she desperately needs.

I close my eyes while she applies the eyeshadow and all that's stuff. She tells me to pucker my lips when she dabs on lip gloss. I even smile while she brushes on blush.

"Wow, Soph," she says as she huffs and smiles. "You. Look. Amazing."

I grin at her. "Thank you so much, Iz!"

"No problem." She replies. "Like no really, anytime. I could use a break from Xander once in a while."

I laugh and look at myself in the mirror. I jump a bit when I realize its me. I look so much older!

I hug her as tight as I can.

"Air," she gasps. "Can't. Breathe."

"Oh sorry," I blush.

"Okay, kid. It's 7:20, lets go wait by the front entryway."

We walk outside and see Xander leaning against the wall of the guest house. Was he spying on us? Strange, strange boy.

"Alex," Isabelle says. "Come wait with us out front."

"Okay," he answers.

A few minutes later, Jeremy shows up in a red Honda. I smile and wave at him. Xander walks me up and tells him, "Don't hurt her. I can and will use a gun if you do."

"Don't worry about him, Jeremy," I assure him. "He knows as much about a gun as a dog does."

He laughs and opens the passenger door for me. I climb in and smile. I blow Isabelle a kiss as Jeremy makes a quick U-turn and we drive away.

-----

Yay! The date!

So do you all like the story? Yes? Great!

Haha. Well, if anyone has suggestions for the next chapter *cough *cough @AlexbelleSwift or @HolyAnnie *cough *cough

Haha so I'm going to call you guys the ..............................................................................................................................

MUSTACHES!!!!!! CERSE I LERV MERSTAHCHES!!!!!!

Haha so bye my Mustaches:) xx