Chapter 34

Sophia's POV

Jason makes the boat go really fast. Alexander gets up to grab a snack. Suddenly, Jason slams on the brakes!

Alexander falls off the boat! I turn around and see Isabelle totally panicking.

"Xander!" She screams. "Somebody help him!"

Xander seems to be okay, minus the fact that his arms are flailing around and water is entering his open mouth.

"SOMEBODY HELP HIM!" Isabelle shrieks.

Mom pats Isabelle's shoulder and tries her hardest to calm her down. It's definitely not working.

I hear another splash and jerk my head to see another person in the water with Xander. Oh my gosh. Who is this guy?

"Xander, are you okay?" I shout down to him.

He manages to give out a quiet moan and a nod before slipping underwater.

I'm only thinking one thing.

Since when can Alexander not swim?

Jason finally walks to the ladder and pushes it down. The still unknown person swims over to it while dragging Xander with him.

"Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh." Isabelle mutters.

Somehow, between Dad, Jason, and the other guy, they get Xander on to the boat. Isabelle runs over to him.

"Xander!" She shouts. "Xander! Wake up!"

She shakes him back and forth but he doesn't wake up.

Oh my gosh.

Is he gonna die?

Oh my gosh.

"It's okay!" Mom declares. "I know CPR! Someone call 911!"

Jason takes out his cell phone while Mom starts pushing up and down on Alex's chest.

After about two minutes, she stops pushing. She clamps Xander's nose, lifts his chin, and blows into his mouth. Yeah, I know, gross.

"Yes. We're about 3 miles west of Hanunama Bay." Jason speaks into the phone. (A/N: idk if this is actually how you spell it. But I do know that it is a place in Hawaii.) "Okay, great."

I hear a gasp from Isabelle. I look down and see Xander's eyes flutter open. Thank goodness!

"Xander!" Isabelle screams with a smile. "You're okay! I thought you were going to die!"

She hugs him for a while.

She gets up and says to the guy, "Thank you so much. You saved him. How can I ever repay you?"

The guy, who I now see looks pretty cute - and my age-, smiles. "You're welcome. And by the way, my names Jeremy."

"Oh, well, thanks, Jeremy. I'm Sophia, that's Isabelle, my mom, my dad, and Alexander," she says, pointing to each of us. "Where did you come from anyway?"

I grin and wave at him. He politely returns the gesture and answers, "I was diving around the area. I heard screams and came over to see what happened. I'm actually from California, I'm just here for a diving competition."

He comes up to me and whispers, "Hey, wanna go out sometime?"

I nod my head vehemently, and he chuckles. He hands me a price of paper with his number scrawled across it. I hand him my number, too.

"I'll call you," he winks.

"Okay," Jason says, "The police boat is on the way."

•••

(4 hours later)

"Okay, just one more test and you guys will be ready to go!" The nurse says.

We have been at the hospital with Alexander for almost 4 hours. The doctor said that he was fine.

"So, you have a date with Jeremy?" Isabelle asks.

"You heard?" I giggle, blushing.

"When is it?" She asks.

"Um, I don't know, he said he'd call me," I reply.

"Ooh! Sophia has a boyfriend!" She squeals.

"Shut up!" I exclaim as I clamp my hand over my mouth.

She licks my hand, so I have to let my hand down. Yuck! I wipe my hand all over her shirt to get the saliva off.

"Do I get to help you dress up for it?" She asks.

"Of course, Isabelle! It's not like I would ask Xander!" I smile.

Suddenly, the door to the waiting room opens and Alexander walks out.

"Xander!" Isabelle squeals. She runs over to him and almost knocks him over.

"Careful, babe," he chuckles.

"I'm glad you're okay," she smiles.

"I would never leave you."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Forever?"

"Forever."

==========================

Hey guys! Sorry it's been such a long time since I have updated! I've been super busy with school and stuff.

Special thanks to @AlexbelleSwift for giving me amazing ideas and to @HolyAnnie for helping me write this chapter!

Can I get 2 votes and 3 comments for the next chappie?

Oh and also! I need a cute name to call you guys, so if you have any ideas, let me know!