Chapter 19

I know you guys like long chapters, so here it is!

Isabelle's POV

Alexander told me to pack my bags. He said we were going to his parents house. I don't quite believe him. I don't know what he's up to, but it's something.

Apparently I have a doctors appointment in 30 minutes so I have to get up. It takes only 15 minutes to get there, so I will have 15 for 'me time'.

I brush my hair and my teeth. I slip on a tank top and some jeans shorts. I walk to the kitchen and grab a granola bar.

"Xander," I say. "Will you take our bags out to the car?"

"Sure." He replies. He stands up from his chair and walks to the bedroom to get them.

I finish off a granola bar in 30 seconds. I grab another for the car.

Xander takes our stuff to his truck and pushes them into the back seats. I sit in the passenger seat and wait for him.

"Ready?" He asks. He turns the key, and the engine revs. It sounds cool. I

I pull my seatbelt out, and click it into the thingy that it goes into. Alex does the same.

Our doctor, Dr. Jensen, is super nice. She is really funny and helpful. That's why we chose her.

We walk into her office, and we are helped immediately.

"That was fast." Alexander says.

"Yeah. Usually it's a longer wait." I reply, opening the door to the room.

"Hello?" Dr. Jensen calls. "Is this Isabelle Fuhrman?"

"Yes!" I answer.

"Good! How are you today?"

"We're fine. We are going to Canada today to visit Alexander's parents. We wanted to have a checkup before we leave."

"That's probably a good idea."

She walks over to her desk and grabs a clipboard.

"Let's start with an ultrasound." She declares.

I nod. I lay down on the bed, and she smears some stuff on my stomach. It's cold, and it tickles.

An image pops out on a screen. It's my baby! I can see a head- wait is that? No it can't be!

Dr. Jensen furrows her brow, then raises them. She checks her clipboard and looks up at me.

"Isabelle," she says. "It looks like you are going to have twins!"

I jump. Seriously? Can I handle this? Yes, I can. And Alexander will be there to help.

I look over at him. He is staring at his feet.

"Wow!" I say. "This is... Wow. Xander, are you okay?"

"Yeah," he replies. "Just a little surprised." I laugh. So does Dr. Jensen.

"Yes. It is startling at first. But you'll get used to it." She says. "Your due date is somewhere around November 11th."

"Okay." Xander says. "Can we go now?"

"Yes. It's all good!" Dr. Jensen declares.

"Thank God." He mutters.

We walk out to the car after paying and such. Now I can talk to him.

"Why are you so upset?' I shout.

"Maybe it's because we are going to have two kids, and it's a total surprise!" He retorts

"Look on the bright side-" I start.

"What? That now we are going to bring two kids into the world? I don't think that's cutting it!" He shouts back.

"Just be quiet!" I scream. "What is wrong with you?"

He looks ashamed now. He starts crying. "I'm sorry, Isabelle. It's just, I'm afraid."

"It's okay." I say. I pull him into a hug. "We can get through this. Together."

------

I hope you guys like this chapter! I'm on vacation so I'm trying to post every night! If you want to be notified about when I post, just message me!