Chapter 15

Dakota's POV

"This is bad."

"Bad? That's a masterpiece of an understatement Dakota." Raven snapped, staring down at Ollie who was curled up in a ball on his futon. His face was the palest I'd ever seen with a glistening sheen of sweat spread across it. Underneath his eyes were dark purple circles, almost making it look like he had two black eyes. He hadn't been sleeping at all lately. His cough kept him awake through most nights, and the other half of the time he's running down the hall to throw something up, not that he's really been eating anything these past few days. It was already Friday and with no sign of him recovering any time soon, our hopes at performing tomorrow we're looking slim. Right now Ollie was trying to sleep at least, his eye lids twitching every few seconds like he was having a bad dream. He was taking in heavy, ragged breaths as if he were having trouble breathing. The mucus building up in his throat probably had something to do with it.

"What should we do?" Megan asked, biting her nails and looking uncertainly between the both of us. I shook my head.

"I have no idea. I don't even understand how he got this bad."

"My potions should've worked! I performed them perfectly and even had Professor Heart double check them to make sure I wasn't about to accidentally poison him or anything. She said they were the best she'd seen from a student in years so why?" Raven stomped her foot down in frustration. Ollie's eyes fluttered open for half a second before immediately closing again. His body was too tired to be bothered with our outbursts it seemed.

"I made him my fairy blends as well. We even gave him normal medicine and it didn't work." Megan added with her continuous gnawing of her nails. She never handled stress like this too well.

"I was sure my pack's remedies would work. They always have before." I replied, dejected.

"And even fucking June and Keegan performed multiple incantations that should've cured him!" Raven fumed. She turned to my desk and roughly curb stomped my chair into the ground.

"Hey." I whined. She already threw everything off my desk the second she walked into the room. Even if she was upset, she could be a little more delicate when handling my things.

"Oh bite me!" She yelled.

"Sorry but you're not my type." We both turned to find June giving us an amused stare as he strolled into the room like he owned the damn place. Keegan wasn't far behind him and of course as if called to me by my ever growing irritation, Josh had to waltz in right after. At least he was accompanied by his beta this time. Dawson glanced over at me and nodded his head. I nodded back in our usual silent greeting. He never said much anyway. Despite Josh's hatred for me, Dawson had always been nice enough to stick up for me when the jackass felt like fucking up my day.

"How's Ollie?" Josh asked, pushing past June and not even caring to glance my way as he knelt down beside him.

"Not good. His fever just keeps getting worse and the head nurse said if it gets any higher they'll need to evacuate him to the closest hospital so he can be in professional care." Megan replied, choking back tears. Honestly I wasn't far from doing the same. It was obvious how much pain he was in and not being able to do anything for him was killing me. Josh balled his hands up in tight fists as his eyes scanned over Ollie's frail body.

"Isn't there...something we can do?" He demanded glancing up at us.

"If you've got some magical way to make him better then please, by all means use it." Raven jeered, still clearly pissed off. He narrowed his eyes at her, then stood up.

"Hey." He said, his eyes sliding over to mine.

"What?" I snapped.

"You really used everything from the pack? All you're mom's medicines?" He gave me a suspicious look like I seriously didn't try everything I could to help Ollie.