Chapter 4

AN: Huge shout out to Asioncon for still reading my stories despite Wattpad's hatred for me and the need to torture me by withholding chapters of Fire and Ice from you guys lol I made sure to make an extra-long chapter and I hope it can sort of make up for the Fire and Ice fiasco >.< Enjoy~! ^^

"Ollie, Ollie, Ollie!" The crowd chanted my name as bright stage lights blinded my vision. I held a hand in front of my face to shield my eyes.

"Ollie!" I heard someone call out beside me. I turned my head and saw Dakota smiling over at me, his guitar slung around his shoulder. "They totally love you!"

"Yeah they do!" I swiveled my head around to see Raven, her slight figure barely visible through the glare of the lights.

"Yeah...but why is it so bright?" I asked, wondering who in the world set up the lighting for this show. I watched as her lips moved, but her voice was drowned out by the roar of the crowd.

"What?" I yelled. The light slowly enveloped her body until all I could see was the faint outline of her midnight blue bass. I looked forward, squinting against the harsh rays.

"Haha..." I heard the echoing laughter of someone close by, but couldn't distinguish who it was or where they were coming from. I glanced around and all I could see was light. I couldn't tell where I was and when I tried to find Dakota and ask him, I found myself to be alone in the haven of bright torture.

"Enjoying the show Ollie?" I whirled around and came face to face with Jay. He smiled menacingly down at me, his eyes filled with intense hatred.

"I told you to watch your back." He seethed. Before I had time to respond I was pushed backwards. I stumbled and tripped. I felt my feet lift up from the ground as my body began to fall. I watched as Jay laughed at my helpless figure. My arms pin wheeled in an attempt to keep myself upright, but it was no use. The crowd stopped their cheering and instead mimicked Jay's mocking laughter.

"Ahhhhhhh!!!"

CRASH

I hit the ground hard and groaned in pain. I rolled over on my side and gasped for air after having the wind knocked out of me. I glanced up at the top of my bunk and grimaced.

"Ow..." I moaned in pain as I turn over. I winced as I sat upright, rubbing the side of my head which was now throbbing. I glanced around the dim room. All my stuff was still packed away in boxes. I hadn't had any time to really settle in since coming here, what with the Welcome Back Banquet and all. My mind floated back to yesterday's events. I still couldn't believe how amazing we had been. It was the most exhilarating thing I've ever done. It didn't even compare to the shows I'd been in up until this point. I stood up slowly and stretched my aching muscles. I glanced back up at my bed. Wow, I actually fell out of it. I hope this wasn't going to be a reoccurring thing. Then again that dream really didn't help...I shivered at the thought of Jay's twisted grin and shook my head. I peered through the darkness over to Dakota's bunk. I couldn't really make out any of his features, but did see the silhouetted lump that took up the space of his bed. I yawned and walked over to the curtains. I pulled them back and was immediately met with blinding sunlight. Once my vision had adjusted I glanced around for my phone. I found it perched on top of my book case where I had left it last night. I reached up and grabbed it before checking its screen. 7:06 a.m. it read. I yawned again. Classes didn't start till 8 so we still had some time. Dakota grumbled and I glanced back up at his bunk. I still couldn't tell what part of his bed was him and which was his comforter. It was just a giant pile of tussled blanket. I smiled and shifted through my belongings until I found my larger suitcase. I opened it up and pulled out my school uniform which was still in the plastic wrapping we had bought it in. I tore away the plastic and laid out the separate pieces on my lower bunk. According to the seamstress we had gotten it from, Nightshade separated their uniforms by year. Each year was a different color and the middle school and high school division had different colored trimming. I was a first year in the high school division so my uniform was navy blue with a striped blue and black tie. The crest on the right hand side of the blazer was gold, showing the initials NA spiraled into an intricate design that represented a coat of arms of sorts. The middle school division had a similar crest but in silver. I was mentally picturing myself in the stiff, new clothing when I half jumped out of my skin at the sound of some wailing animal. I whirled around in alarm, my eyes darting around the room trying to identify what had made the noise. I stopped and glanced up as the blob that I presumed was Dakota began to move.