Chapter 7.2

AN: To all my lovely readers, enjoy this little short~!

"Hey." Dakota called from his desk. "Hey Ollie." I paused and glanced over at him from above the book I was just reading.

"What?"

"Do you think the readers still like this story?" He asked, folding his arms over the back of his seat. I raised a brow at him.

"What?" I asked, setting my book down.

"Well I was just wondering if you think the readers still like this story." He said again, giving me a serious look. I cocked my head to the side.

"What story?" Dakota rolled his eyes.

"This story of course!" He exasperated. I nodded my head slowly.

"I'm confused." Dakota sighed and leaned back.

"I'm asking if you think the readers and followers of Hono-to-kori still like this story, as in our story, Nightshade Academy." He explained. I furrowed my brows.

"Still lost."

"Ugh." Dakota ran his hands over his face and stood up. He walked over to me and hauled me to my feet. I gave him a questioning stare as he spun me around.

"Look, do you see that?" He said, pointing at something random on the wall. I squinted but I wasn't sure what he was talking about.

"See what?"

"That." He emphasized, stretching his finger out even more. I stared at the spot but still couldn't see what he meant.

"Dakota you're starting to scare me." He let out a hot breath and went over to his desk. He picked up his phone and dialed a number.

"Raven? I need some help...Yeah...Yeah with Ollie. He can't see them...Uh-huh...ok I'll see you in a sec." He hung up his phone and walked back over to me. I stared at him bemused as he stood there with his arms crossed, waiting.

"What-" Suddenly our room was ablaze with light and I squeezed my eyes shut, holding a hand up against the glare. A second later the light diminished. I blinked a few times to clear the sun pots away and then suddenly there they were. Both Raven and Megan were standing in the middle of our room.

"How...?"

"Movement spell." They all said together. I closed my mouth and nodded.

"So he really can't see them?" Raven asked, turning to Dakota. He shook his head and gave me a pitying look. I glared at him and crossed my arms.

"See what?" I asked a little hotly.

"The readers of course." She said as if it were obvious. I shook my head.

"Again...what?" She sighed and walked over to me. She grabbed my shoulders and spun me around.

"See that?" She said, pointing to the wall. I stared at the same spot as before but still couldn't see anything.

"No." I flatly replied. She covered my eyes and I heard her soft chants behind me. The words were carried to my ears like wind easing through the tree tops and I felt a small tingling sensation above my eye lids.

"Eto brass enciting." She finished and removed her hands. My vision was blurry, which was strange because she hadn't put any pressure on my eyes, and I quickly blinked away the haze. When I opened them again I screamed and fell back, scrambling to the other side of the room.

"W-What is that!?" I exclaimed pointing to the wall, only it wasn't a wall anymore. The space shimmered and the edges that connected to the other walls glowed. Instead of the pastel paint was a portal to some room. However what was terrifying were the two large eyes staring down at us. They blinked and scanned the room, watching us closely.