Chapter 7 Crap & more crap

After Sam got all the books he could Dean came and grabbed all of them then actually read until he had to sleep. We were all doing different things. Sam was on the laptop by the window in the hotel, I was preparing the weapons, cleaning the guns and sharpening the knifes. Dean was reclining on the bed, flipping through one of the books, frowning. He frowns if someone gets killed, Sam did something without him, or Sam and I upstage him. He smiles if its one of our best hunts, if he did or said something funny, or he had um other things.

"This is freakin' insane. How's this guy know all this stuff?" Dean broke the silence.

"You got me." I replied 

"Everything is in here. I mean everything. From the racist truck to-" He smiled " to me having sex. I'm full-frontal in here." he went over to where Sam and I were sitting. "How come we haven't heard of them before?" 

"They're pretty obscure. I mean, almost zero circulation. Uh, started in '05. The publisher put out a couple dozen before going bankrupt. And uh, the last one 'New Person New life'" Sam turned the laptop to Dean then to me. "Ends with us meeting Erika." 

"Okay this is freaking insane." He took back the laptop. "There's actually fans. There's not many of them, but still. Did you read this?" He looked at me.

"Yeah I did." Sam and I said together in unison.

"Although for fans, they sure do complain a lot. Listen to this... Simpatico says 'the demon story line is trite, cliched, and overall craptastic' Yeah, well, screw you, Simpatico. We lived it."

"Yeah. Well, keep on reading. It gets better." I snickered.

"There are 'Sam girls', 'Dean girls', 'Erika guys', and what's 'slash fans'?"

"As in pairs or a triple... Sam and Erika, Dean and Erika, Dean and Sam, and all of us together." Sam was disgusted when Dean was confused.

"Like, together together?" 

"Yup." I knew what it was but its more and more gross every time you read it.

"Okay both you two and us two are NOT getting together. And they do know we're brothers, right?"

"Doesn't seem to matter to them." I got up and started getting the stuff packed up again.

"Oh come on. That... That's just sick." He slammed the laptop shut. " We GOT to find this Carver Edlund." 

"Yeah, that might not be so easy."

"Why not?"

"Erika and I took turns looking for tax records, addresses, neither exist. Looks like 'Carver Edlund' is a pen name."

"Somebody's gotta know who he is." Dean helped me pack up. 

We went to the publisher of the "Supernatural" series: a young, attractive woman in a long sweater. She is eager but is both nervous and somewhat skeptical of us. We pretended to be local paper writers.

"So you published the 'Supernatural' books?" Sam asked first.

"Yep. Yeah. Gosh. These books... You know, they never really got the attention they deserved. All anybody want to read anymore is that romance crap. You know 'Doctor Sexy, M.D.'" She scoffs."Please." 

"Right. Well, we're hoping that our article can... shine a light on an under appreciated series."

"Yeah, yeah because, you know, if we got a little bit of good press then maybe we could start publishing again." She looked hopeful that we would do that.

"NO, no, no, no, God, no. I mean, why... why would you want to do that?" I stuttered they couldn't know at least not now. "You know, it's, uh such a complete series, what with the Winchesters meeting Erika and all."