Snape's Daughter: Chapter Twenty-One:

Chapter Twenty-One:

A couple of days later, I’d finally gotten the courage up to go ask my father if I could spend a bit of time during the summer with the Weasley’s, but I’d decided that I should wait until after supper so that hopefully he wouldn’t be quite so moody.  I’d always heard my aunt say that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, so hopefully the same could be said for Professor Severus Snape.

By the time I was headed towards the Great Hall after a long day of classes I was a nervous wreck.  I hadn’t gotten a chance to see or talk to Fred since the day he’d ask me to spend some of vacation with him, nor had I seen George.  Ron had told me they were cooped up in the boy’s dorms working on some new project, so I didn’t pay any attention to it.  I was still riding on my high from getting my crush as a boyfriend.  It was better than I’d ever hoped to be, even if said boyfriend wasn’t around. 

Nobody actually seemed to know what had happened, and I didn’t feel that it was my right to go around telling Harry, Ron or Hermione about it, at least not if Fred wasn’t around as well.

As I walked towards the dungeons, I began thinking over what I would say to my father in order to agree with me going with the Weasley’s for a bit during the summer holidays.  Not that I had any doubt that he’d agree in the first place, chances were he’d be thrilled (as thrilled as he could get anyway) that he wouldn’t have to deal with me.

Knocking on the solid wood door, I waited impatiently for it to get thrown open.  As always, I still expected Draco to be there, but instead I was pleasantly surprised at who was actually there.

“Harry?”

“Hi, Lily.  What are you doing here?”

“I could ask you the same thing,” I smiled, looking over his broad shoulder to stare at my scowling father.  “Good evening Professor Snape.”

“Lillith,” he drawled, not bothering to look at me. 

Sighing I stepped past Harry as he moved out of the way, and went further into the class room.  “What’s going on?”

“I’m teaching something to Mr. Potter, not that it’s any of your business.”

I gulped, feeling a semi-painful prick in my heart.  The first time we’ve actually talked since I called him ‘father’ and he’s still acting the same way he’s always done.  “Sorry for asking,” I muttered, crossing my arms over my chest. 

“As it were, why don’t you make yourself comfortable, maybe you’ll learn something.”

“You shouldn’t talk to your-“ I cut Harry off, knowing exactly what he’d say, and while I was glad he liked me enough to stick up for me, I didn’t need him getting in trouble for it.

“It’s fine, Harry.  Don’t worry about it.”

I smiled fakely, trying desperately to show that I couldn’t care less, but he didn’t look even close to convinced.  Shrugging, I followed the two into my father’s office and sat down in a chair in the corner. I tuned out of their talking not understanding more than a few words.  What was occlumency?  Legimency? 

Once, after several minutes most probably, I looked back up, it was only to see Harry and Professor Snape seemingly in a staring competition, looking completely frozen. 

“Harry?”

He didn’t even blink, turning to my father, I waved my hand in front of his eyes, but his eyes stared back unseeing.  Right before I really started to become concerned, they each seemed to snap out of whatever trance they were in.  My father’s face became murderous, glaring angrily at the boy in front of him.