Snape's Daughter: Chapter Eleven:

Chapter Eleven:

For weeks I ignored Draco Malfoy, I couldn't stand to be anywhere near him.  Blaise and I would sometimes hang out, not where other Slytherin's could find him, of course, but it was nice to hang out with someone who wasn't a twin, or in Hermione's gang.  He brought a nice change of pace in my life, and I listened to all his problems.  He was in love with a Gryffindor, but obviously he couldn't tell anyone or his friends would abandon him. 

"That shouldn't matter Zabini.  Just tell her!"  

"Maybe one day I will.  She's in a grade below us, with a lot of older brothers, so I don't think I'll ever be able to get near her."  

"Probably not."  We looked at each other before laughing a bit and turning back to stare out at the lake.  "I hope everything works out, but now, I have to go!  Bye Blaise."  Standing up, I dusted my backside off, then sprinted over to the school doors before running all the way up to the Gryffindor common room, slightly out of breath.  It seemed I was getting out of shape.  Regardless of how much my lungs were burning, I smiled like a maniac at the fact that I wasn't late.  

"You made it."  The Twins stood behind me, grinning at each other before leading me over to the rest of the small group.  

"-wards the Room of Requirement, everyone else is probably already there!"  Ron was saying, and I wondered where Harry was since he was usually around Ron, but then I figured that he must already be with the rest of the class, and I followed behind dutifully.

Normally we would be at a Quidditch match but The Toad had banned Harry, and during a Quidditch game was the easiest time to have the Dumbledore's Army classes, since nobody would notice our absence.  Ginny, the Weasley's younger sister, had taken his place as the Seeker, I just hoped she was decent.  

The holidays were coming up, and I was getting more and more nervous.  I could always stay at Hogwarts for the Christmas holidays, but I was also excited to see whether or not my father would actually want me to go with him, see his house and such.  So far, however, nothing had been said about it, and I was too scared to ask him.  I wasn't scared he would hit me, or yell at me, I was afraid that he wouldn't want me to go with him, I was afraid of rejection.  

"I want to practice defensive spells.  Voldemort tends to use pain-inducing spells, or the Unforgivable Curses and I want all of you to know how to counter those attacks."  Harry stood up in the front of the class, and I felt a sudden surge of pride to be his friend.  He was a great leader, and I could tell that nearly every student here felt respect for him.  That was something to be proud of.  

We practiced for the next two hours, getting into groups of two's and one person sending a harmless spell while the other countered it with something else.  Fred and I were together, which was odd as usually he was with George, but his brother seemed to be putting the moves on a Ravenclaw.  

I laughed at how she just seemed to brush off everything thing George said, not caring one bit about how cute he was.  

While I was too busy concentrating on George and his flirting, Fred had taken the opportunity to hit me with a spell that made my hair frizz uncontrollably and small shocks ran down my body, like static electricity.  

Several people had seen and laughed at me, some throwing in some very rude insults as well.  It seemed that a few still hadn't gotten over the anger they felt at being lied to about me being able to speak.  

After we finished up our class, we walked back to our own Common Rooms only to find out Gryffindor had lost 240-230 to Hufflepuff, even though Ginny had caught the snitch in the end.  Harry looked a bit down after that and went up to the dorms while the rest of us sat around the fire and joked around for another hour before we finally decided to all go to sleep as well.