Snape's Daughter: Chapter Seven:

Chapter Seven:

That night, as I made my way towards Umbridge's office, Draco Malfoy was nowhere in sight, which meant he would be at Snape's when I went to see him and that he did not, in fact, have detention. The pain in my arm seemed worse than before, and it took all I had not to began screaming. It burned like nothing I've ever experienced, and it bled a lot more. I couldn't explain it to you, but for the first time in years, I cried. It was silent, and nobody seemed to notice, even the twins who were whispering under their breaths the whole detention.

Umbridge smiled serenely throughout the entire time, looking at all the hissing kittens on her plates. Something was seriously wrong this time around, and I couldn't figure out why the pain was different. When I was finished with my lines, I walked out of Umbridge's office to meet up with Fred and George. My arm was swollen like never before, twice its normal size and felt as though it were on fire. The pain was making me nauseous and I felt dizzy. When we finally made it to Snape's office, the door was already opened so we walked in where I then proceeded to flop down onto a chair, and laid my head down on the table. I swear my head itself must have weighed a thousand pounds.

"Lillith?" My adoptive father's voice called out to me, and I tried desperately to lift my head up to look at him but I just couldn't seem to. I felt my hand being touched, and it took everything in me to cry out in pure agony. "Poison. Not fatal, but it can't be healed and it'll hurt like hell. The rest of the side affects are unknown."

As my head begin to spin, I snapped my eyes closed, no longer able to hold them open. I was so extremely tired, that I just decided to stop fighting it and let myself fall asleep.

~*~*~*~*~

When I awoke, it was on my own bed and outside of the window was still extremely dark. My head was pounding like crazy, as was my hand. As I sat up and threw my legs over the side of my bed, I checked the clock that sat between mine and Hermione’s bed. It was only a little past four AM, and nobody else would be awake. As I stood up off the bed, a note fell to the floor.

Lillith-

The second you've read this I would like to see you in my office. No matter the time.

Professor Snape

I blinked, and then reread it twice. No matter the time? It was four in the morning! Ah well, it's his loss of precious sleeping time. I quickly got dressed in the ratty sweats and t-shirt that I had originally came with after Dumbledore found me. The stains were gone, and holes were practically non-existent so I saw no reason not to wear them. Granted you could tell that they weren't originally mine, the sweats were three sized to big, and the shirt went to my knees, but I would be coming back before classes started to change anyway.

As I made my way down the hall, I stared at all the moving pictures as I walked past and waved at the who were nice to me. It was so odd, having moving, talking pictures and was extremely hard to get used to. I came to the solid wood door, and knocked three times and stepped back to wonder if Snape would actually hear me or not.

My question was answered when the door swung open, and Snape as usual, stood towering in front of me with a scowl on his face. His dark eyes glittered in the small amount of light that came from the hallway, making him seem a tiny bit scarier than was normal. Snape gestured for me to come in, and led me to his personal office where he sat down in the chair behind the desk, leaving the only other one for me to sit in.

"How's your hand feel Lillith?" I glanced down at my newest injury, before I held a thumb up. Of course it felt awful, it was more swollen than yesterday, and around the letters was a bright angry looking red. Obviously it was infected, I just hoped it healed up soon before I went and attempted to chop it off, because I was thinking that it would hurt a lot less.