Snape's Daughter: Chapter Sixteen:

Chapter Sixteen:

There's something to be said about awkward silences, and that is...they're awkward. I bit my lip nervously as I waited for someone to say something, anything in fact would be better than this eerie quietness. After several moments, someone burst through the door, and I didn't know whether to be grateful or worried.

"Is this where you all ran off to?" Sirius asked, grinning wildly until he realized that nobody seemed to have noticed his sudden entrance except myself. "Harry?"

"She's your daughter?" Harry turned quickly on his heel to glance at me before glaring slightly at his god-father. "And you haven't said anything to anyone?"

"Harry, you don't understand..." I trailed off, not knowing quite what to say, so instead I opted for the truth. "I asked him not to tell anyone. I want to stay with Professor Snape."

Harry stared at me, stupefied, possibly due to the fact that he couldn't think of anyone who would ever prefer to be with Snape over Sirius. Sighing, I turned away from them all and made my way back to the chair beside the fireplace, everyone besides the four people in the room with the Black Family Tree were sitting around, joking and talking of their days events.

Just a few minutes later, Harry came tramping down the stairs and looked me dead in the eyes. "How could you not tell us that you were Sirius's biological daughter? I mean, we're your friends right? We've stood up for you and stood by you, but then you'll keep secrets from us?" I rubbed my eyes before standing up and made my way to stand directly in front of "the boy who lived".

"I just found out the day before I was taken by who I thought to be my true father, I had other, more important, things crossing my mind. I'm sorry Harry, I just...didn't think it was that important!"

"Well, it was important. You're the daughter of my god father, how could that not be important?"

Not knowing what to say, and no longer wanting to argue about that subject, I simply shrugged my shoulders before sitting back in my chair. "I'm sorry." Nobody said anything but I was well aware that everyone except Severus Snape and Professor Dumbledore had heard that conversation as they were staring intently at me as if at any moment I could implode. With how uncomfortable I was beginning to feel, that didn't seem like such a bad idea.

Without me noticing, Fred had somehow managed to get right in front of my line of vision and I never saw it coming until his weight was plonked onto my lap. I groaned slightly under the pressure before I heard laughing.

"Fred, get off, you're squishing me!" I laughed, but while my mind told me to say that, my heart sure wanted the exact opposite. Fred wiggled a bit before sighing exaggeratedly, and he put his hands behind his head before leaning back on me all the way. I would've said something else, but his elbow was pressed up against my lips, making it near impossible to do anything but groan again.

"You're quite comfortable, did you know?"

Mrs. Weasley giggled like a younger girl while the other teenagers smiled, Hermione and Ginny more so than the others. Even Harry lightened up a bit.

"Alright Fred, get off the poor girl!"

"He's not Fred, I am!" George yelled from across the room, pointing at the boy in my lap, who was definitely Fred, while staring at his mother in mock horror. I chuckled before pushing Fred off, and laughed even louder as I heard his choice of curse words.

After several moments of silence, Harry turned to me. "So...that makes me your god-brother or some such, right?" We both turned to Sirius, who simply shrugged and went on talking to Molly Weasley about the health of her husband.