Snape's Daughter: Chapter Fifteen:

Chapter Fifteen:

Some things, I suppose, just aren't meant to happen. Say, for example, someone coming to save me quickly. It'd been two days since I was taken or, at least, I think it had been. I was in the basement, where there were no windows, no breakfast, lunch or dinner and no clock, just my father, doing what he'd always done.

My entire being had long since gone numb; I could no longer feel when a kick was dealt to my ribs or a fist slammed into my face. Even though the cloth had been removed within the first hour of being there I made not a peep since then, my old habits coming back with ease.

The hope of being saved by anyone was slowly diminishing more and more as each second passed, until by, what I assumed to be the end of the third day, there was no hope left.

My mother hadn't shown her traitorous face since we'd come back to my old house, the place I'd once called home.. I wasn't even sure if she had been telling the truth. Was she really scared for hers and Liam's health? Was she only doing this because Marcus Deacon made her or was she doing it because she wanted me back in this place?

The questions ran rampant through my mind, and I was sure that if I didn't get answers soon that the questions might drive me slowly to insanity. I sat on the floor, staring at the door with my legs pulled up to my chest and my chin laid atop my knees.

It was so stupid of myself to leave without saying something to someone, but I just wanted to help somebody who was in the same situation as I once was and I knew that if I told Sirius or the twins that they wouldn't let me so much as leave their sight for more than two seconds. Not only had I been stupid enough to not tell anyone but I had also left without my wand, which was beyond ignorant and now I was paying the price. I deserved every bit of this abuse; there wasn't a doubt in my mind.

~*~*~*~*~

By the third night, my mind was contemplating ways to get out of the hellhole. I could just jump the next person who walked through the basement door, I could perhaps simply see if the door was unlocked, which was highly doubtful... I'd been checking it every time my father left, just to see if he'd accidentally leave it unlocked.. he had just left an hour ago, but I hadn't gotten up to see if he had left the door unlocked because every other time it hadn't been.

If it wasn't this time I felt as if I'd lose all my hope.

Standing up on wobbly knees, I walked over towards the basement door and twisted it slowly. The knob turned and clicked, assuring me that it was unlocked...It was unlocked!

Sliding through the smallest gap in the doorway that I could manage, I swiftly made my way through the main hallway. Liam was nowhere in sight, but my 'mother' was passed out on the couch, a needle right next to her and my 'father's' attention was focused on some sports game that played on the television.

Sucking in a breath, I leaned my back against the wall before sliding against it quickly yet carefully. The moment I made it to the front door I made a dash for it, not caring about the noise I made now that I was so close to being free.

Not wasting any time afterwards making it out, I looked next door, noticing the Number Twelve wasn't in sight and I did not have the password to make the building magically appear like Tonks did on my first day here. Wincing, I began to running towards the nearest alley, where I could keep an eye out for anyone who may have to leave the Order's safe house.

Eventually as light began to arise, just barely enough to see by, I saw my father, real and true father Severus Snape emerge, looking even colder than usual. His eyes were sunken slightly with deep dark bags underneath and his already pale face reminded me of Sir Nicholas, the Gryffindor ghost. Standing up, I hobbled over to him, favoring my right leg slightly due to the extent of my bruises.