Chapter 53 - Learn your place!

Sana pov:

So this was how Chen had decided to make me submit, is it? Well, unlike the sweet Sana he knew, I could be pretty tough when I was faced with a situation.

After all, during my first visit to the human world after I had been taken to Hueco Mundo and even during the final fight to stop Sousuke, I was the one who took the initiative to try and fight Sousuke himself. And after all, for some puny guy like Chen; did he honestly think that he could blackmail me like this? He was going to get it from my side, I was going to make sure that his father too was going to give us as much time as we wanted to repay the debt.

I sighed closing my eyes. I shook my head once before looking back at my father. "Tou san, I don't want you to worry about the notice. I will talk to Chen and clear things up without turning this into a public affair." I told him with a smile. "Sana, he's talking about your engagement! How are you going to handle that? I'm really glad that you found someone you love and I accept Sousuke completely.....but how can you convince him and his father? You know how they are....." My father tried to reason with me; a desperate look on his face.

I just laughed and walked to him. "I'm really glad you said you accept Sousuke. That's enough for me. Leave the matter of the debt to me and Sousuke. We'll handle it." I linked my arm with his, looking up at him with a smile. "Okay?"

He watched me for a moment and then smiled with a sigh. "Alright....but I don't want you to do anything rash, okay? Be safe. Sousuke?" He looked up at him and I noticed Sousuke was watching everything passively. He looked passive, but I could see hints of curiosity and suspicion in his eyes.

"My daughter loves you so I consider you as my own son. I will be leaving her in your care. Just as you saved her from the kidnappers, please watch over her and take care of her this time too." Sousuke gave an amused smile but when he spoke, his words were warm and truthful. "Of course. I wont let anyone hurt her. She is mine after all."

My eyes went wide when he said that though; saying that so easily in front of my parents. I blushed and looked between him and my father flustered. "Sousuke!" I whined slightly causing him and my father to chuckle. "Don't worry about an old man like me. You can be lovey dovey when you want to." My father teased, increasing my embarrassment. "Tou san....you're not old...." That was the only thing I could say through my embarrassment.

"Sana, shall we go?" Sousuke held out his hand and I glanced once at my father's grinning face before scurrying out of the room pulling Sousuke behind me. Once we were out of the room, I let him go as I breathed a big sigh of relief. I turned to Sousuke with a pout and a frown and his lips twitched up into another amused smile.

"Your family is quite interesting. I'm having my fill of entertainment from them and the reactions it triggers in you." "Sousuke!! You didn't have to rub it in there!! Saying I'm yours right in front of my father!! His teasing is embarrassing to begin with and you're making it worse for me!" I complained. He only chuckled, walked to me and cupped my cheek making me look at him.

"It is the truth after all, is it not? Why to hide it? Besides, you're adorable when you're flustered." I pouted more at his comment, but I lost complete focus when he came down to give me an unexpected kiss. My eyes went wide momentarily, but they fluttered closed and I held his shirt in my fists, tilting my head and pressing more against him. He didn't deepen the kiss, but he parted after a gentle lick against my lips.

I pouted again. He did that on purpose! He was teasing me again! "Sousuke! Stop teasing me like that!" "Oh? Then would you like me to tease you differently? Maybe the way I did so in the park; or perhaps more?" His eyes had a mischievous glint as he watched my whole face steam up into what probably looked like a ripe tomato.