Chapter 51 - Booted out of the scene

Sana pov:

I wasn't dreaming. I wasn't dreaming at all. All of this was real; Sousuke holding me....was real.

The hand on my back, the smooth hair that tickled my neck, the strong heartbeat I could feel against my chest.....it was all real. And yet, I just couldn't bring myself to believe it. I mean, how was this even possible?! Sousuke was sealed, locked away in some deep dark dungeon....there was no way that I could be seeing him here.

I finally got back my senses to push away from him. He let me go and I moved so that I was looking up at his face. He was smiling, his eyes swirling with playful amusement. I was still kinda freaking out in my head so I took a few steps back as he let go of me completely. But I was quite unstable from the strain that had been inflicted on my body so as I took a few steps back, my knees buckled making me collapse to the ground.

I was breathing slightly heavily, my heartbeat racing twice as fast. I stiffened when Sousuke kneeled in front of me, placing his Zanpakuto on the ground beside him. He cupped my face making me look at him. "What's the matter, Sana? You looked quite shocked." His voice sounded teasing and his eyes still had that playfulness....yet with a hint of irritation probably because I hadn't said anything or reacted properly to what was happening now.

But as I watched him, my face scrunched up as tears fell uncontrollable down my cheeks. I finally lost it and I threw my arms around his neck in a much needed and much missed embrace. He held me back just as I had hoped and I sniffled, crying in a soft voice into his shoulder. "S-sousuke!! I'm really not dreaming right? You're really here right?! How much I missed you.....I thought I'd never see you again! I missed you...so much." I tightened my arms around him as he chuckled. "And I missed you." Hearing his voice was like a melody for sore ears.

After what felt like hours and after convincing myself that Sousuke wouldn't disappear in a puff of smoke, I finally let go. I looked at him through probably puffy red eyes and he chuckled again. He touched my cheek and my eyes darted to his lips, suddenly getting the intense desire to feel a kiss from him. The corners of his lips twitched into a smile and I looked back at his eyes in slight embarrassment for being caught.

But he granted my wish, bending down to connect our lips. My eyes went wide, the touch sending a violent shock through me. It had been so long that this feeling was like having my first kiss all over again. My eyes fluttered closed seconds later and I pressed against his lips more wanting more of the kiss. I felt him smile into the kiss and I grabbed some of his hair in my fists, parting my lips as he ran his tongue gently against my lips. I shivered as he deepened the kiss and ran his fingers through my hair as well. He brought his other arm around my waist, pulling me into his crouched form.

When I started to get a little slow and unable to keep up with him, he pulled away giving me the much needed air that hadn't reached my lungs during our passionate reunion. I kept my eyes closed getting used to the feeling of being in his arms once again. When I opened my eyes, he was smiling amused. "You haven't changed at all, Sana. Well, I suppose you are more beautiful than before but your personality seems to be the same." He was caressing the sides of my face, moving my hair out of the way as he spoke.

My heart was still pounding a mile a minute and my whole body was tingling with some sort of happiness and excitement. I managed a smile and a chuckle as I moved my arms away from him to wipe of the embarrassing tears that I hadn't been able to stop. "I'm sorry....how embarrassing." I mumbled the last part to myself but Sousuke just chuckled and brought me to his chest again. He kissed to top of my head gently.

We stayed like that for a few warm moments before I pulled away from him. I had come back to my senses and there were some things that I needed to know now. I had my hands on his chest and I looked up at him curiously. "Sousuke? How....how come you're here? You were sealed away....surely someone didn't free you." "No, no one freed me. I was able to awaken the Hougyoku again because of your reiatsu that it had absorbed. It looks like your reiatsu that had managed to remain faintly in the Hougyoku made this possible. I am back to my power when it was at its peak."