All Fun and Games

~
I'm finally updating!! It's been quite a long time and I just got so wrapped up with school and the first few weeks of summer were awfully busy. Thank you for everyone who actually reads these chapters (over 2K reads!!!!). I have some sort of idea on where I'm going with this story but I'm warning you now that updates still might take awhile. It's hard keeping up with the chapters because I tend to doubt my writing and have no clue whether it's shit or not. Anyway, enjoy this really long chapter and comment what you think!
~

The next two days were pretty much the same - with the exception of nearly poking my eyes out in an attempt at putting in my contacts, and constantly taking the pain relievers given to me by the doctor. The first day consisted of training, eating, fighting, and sleeping. The second day we ran laps around the compound, ate, shot guns at targets, and slept yet again. Although the routine tends to repeat itself these have still been the most exciting days of my life. I think I've lived more in the past four days than I have in my sixteen years at Erudite.

After training for the fourth day drew to a close all the initiates retired for the night in the dorms - or so we thought. Amar woke everyone up at around one in the morning. He was way too awake and he decided to make a shit ton of loud noises rather than yelling at us to get up - which did not help my headache at all. I jumped out of bed then began throwing on some clothes from the previous day.

Amar stopped his loud noises and shouted, "Good morning Transfers!" far too enthusiastically then added, "Get dressed and meet me in the hallway. You have four minutes or else you'll be participating in your underwear for today's events. I'll be pretty pissed if Max sees me running around with a bunch of half-naked initiates who are too slow getting ready in the morning. Hurry up! Three minutes!"

The Transfers have gotten better at changing quickly in the mornings to meet Amar for training in time. He gave us four minutes today and we were out in two and a half.

Amar thanked us for sparing him of the embarrassment and led us down a series of tunnels that led to the train tracks. No one knew what the hell Amar was going to do nor did anyone ask what the hell he was going to do. I didn't even question the lack of detail from our Dauntless superior.

We met up with the Dauntless-born outside where it was still pitch black and cold. The train had not arrived yet so everyone was just standing around yawning or chatting with their friends. I noticed Hazel looking up at the stars; they seemed to be as bright as her eyes.

For a brief moment I thought, "What if her eyes are actually stars and she is an angel?" but it quickly passed as my mind slowly woke up. I joined Hazel in looking at the stars and she entwined her fingers in mine.

"You two are gross." Laura groaned.

"You're gross." I mumbled back.

"Cut it out children or I'll ground you." Clara, the Dauntless-born trainer interrupted. She walked over to the three of us and pointed at Amar. "He's about to go on a long tangent about why Capture the Flag is so great."

Hazel and I glanced at one another in confusion after Clara said Capture the Flag. Neither of us knew what the hell it was but I'm assuming it involves taking a flag. I tried to listen to Amar's "tangent" but it was just too early in the morning so I sort of zoned out and thought about a million other things.

One of those things was how stupid it was for Amar to be standing on one of the rails for the tracks because the train could come any minute - ending his daring lifestyle forever and making him yet another unremembered casualty; one more unknown face in the crowd gone. This may seem quite random for one o'clock in the morning but the concept of death and dying without anyone giving a crap kind of scares the shit out of me.