#NotDead

"Eric? Eric? I thought you said he was awake!"

"He was! I swear to God I thought I saw him blink!"

"Well he's still out cold you idiot! I knew I should've put someone else in charge of watching him."

Who's that? Who's watching me? Crap my head.

"Wait is he moving?!"

Why do they sound familiar? I know them...

"He's waking up!"

"See I told you I saw him blink!"

"Oh shut up."

As I opened my eyes I was immediately blinded by rays of light. It only served to make my headache worse.

"Eric? Eric, wake up."

Instead of just light there were now two shadows. They were shaped like people, but whom? I know them, but I can't remember their names.

"Who.." I mumbled.

They helped me sit up and everything grew clearer. Well as clear as everything is when I don't have my glasses on.

"Thank God! I thought you would never wake up!"

"What the hell do you mean?" I shouted at the shorter person, although it came out as more of a whisper.

"We were scared that you wouldn't wake up Erudless. You should've seen poor Tobias-.."

Wait..Erudless... "Laura?"

"Well who else would it be! How many times did you get hit in the head?"

Now I saw them. Laura, the shorter one, was sitting next to me and the taller one was leaving the room. Hold on a second..room? Where am I?

"Laura what happened? Why am I-.." It hurts too much to think.

"Remember the fight with Tobias? You two were beating the crap outta each other then he went all hulk smash and knocked you out on accident!"

"Jesus could you talk any louder?" I groaned.

"I could, but I won't. I'm feeling generous today."

Some man came in, interrupting our conversation. He looked like any other Dauntless member except for the name tag on his jacket labeling him as "doctor". Brendon walked in behind him. He must've been the taller person exiting the room when I woke up.

"Thank God you're not going to talk any louder Laura. I swear I could hear you from miles away." the man teased, although Laura took it a little too seriously.

"Aren't you supposed to make things better Doctor?"

"Yes I am, and I did. You shut up didn't you?" was his calm counter to her question.

She frowned but he didn't seem to care.
"Anyway, Eric, how are you feeling?" he asked.

"I feel like I was hit by a Dauntless patrol truck."

"Can you be more specific?" Laura muttered to herself.

"I feel like shit. Happy now?"

"Very!" She snapped rather loudly.

I groaned again and grabbed the side of my head, "Bitch.."

"Please Laura, let me talk to him." The doctor seemed incredibly impatient now.

"Why the hell does my head hurt like hell doc?"

The back of my head rested on the pillow behind me, and I ran my fingers through my hair which was in desperate need of a trim.