Chapter 9 - Burning

Sorry this chapters so short, but I think it covers what it needs to! Let me know what you think! vote and Comment please:)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Liam's POV-

My heart sank when I walked into my room and found my boyfriend making out with another boy. I didn't know what to do. I heard someone gasp, then I realized it was me because Louis had turned his head and started looking scared. I felt the tears forming I had to get out of here. I ran out of the room and down the stairs. I heard Niall say something, butI was to upset to make out what it was. I ran out of the house and down the street. I didn't know where I was going, all I knew was I needed to get out of the situation so I could think. Once I had been running for what seemed like forever I figured out I had ran over three miles. I was by the cemetery where my grandparents were buried. I walked in and tried to remember where their plot was. I ended up not being able to find It so I just sat down on a near by bench. I couldn't hold back the tears anymore, they poured from my eyes and I sat there crying. I have no idea how long I sat there crying but a little while later I felt someone come and sit next to me. It was dark so I couldn't tell who it was at first. Then he spoke.

"I know how you feel mate, I lost my dad last year. He died because of me too." A husky voice said I turned to see the silhouette of Zayn Malik. What is the boy talking about?

"I doubt you're the reason he died Zayn. you shouldn't be so hard on yourself." I say trying to comfort him. Why is it I am always the one comforting people? Sometimes I'm the one who needs comfort too! I sigh and push the thought out of my mind.

"No, he committed suicide because he couldn't take having a gay son. That's why I ended it with Louis. But it turned out it didn't matter if I faked it he still was going to kill himself. Just the thought of me being gay disgusted him so much it lead him to suicide." Zayn says I can hear him choking back tears. I wrapped my arms around him, maybe he is the one who needs comforting right now. He started crying into my shirt. I've never seen him look so sad. I hug him tightly and rub his back trying to comfort the crying boy in my arms.

"Zayn that isn't your fault, Now I don't know your dad but if he really loved you he wouldn't have said that to you. He was upset and used you to blame, I believe that you weren't the real reason to why he did what he did." I say hoping he doesn't get upset at me calling his dad rude.

"Oh my god, please don't tell anyone this. I've never told anyone this before." He says clinging onto my shirt and looking scared into my eyes.

"Don't worry Zayn, your secrets safe with me." I say rubbing his back to try to get him to stop crying.

"Hey lets get you home it's getting late." I say getting up and holding Zayns hand he nods and gets up. We start walking out of the cemetery when I realize I don't have a car. I feel really stupid at this point.

"Um well Zayn we have a slight problem... You see I ran here and don't have a car..." I say instantly feeling stupid for saying that I must seem like an idiot for running here. He laughs

"Don't worry I have my car it's over here" he says pulling me to a black Mercedes. Damn him for having such a nice car. He grabs his keys from his pocket and I snatch them out of his hand.

"I'm driving" I say getting into the drivers side. He smirks and nods getting into the passenger side. I drive for a little while then ask him.

"Um where do you live?" I ask he laughs and gives me directions

-Louis POV-

It's been three weeks since I've spoken to Liam. I haven't seen him around school at all. We're graduating today so I'm assuming I'm going to see him there. I've been staying at Harry's for the past few weeks. Yes Harry and I are dating now. I still feel bad about what happened with Liam and I. I have no idea why I did it. I don't have the same feelings I thought I did for Harry now. Maybe it was just because I knew I couldn't have him since I was with Liam? It was all some sick game in my mind I guess. I look down at my red wrists and cover them up with my green robe ill be graduating in. Harry comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist.

"Don't you look sexy in that tux" Harry says winking at me. I couldn't help but blush. I turn around and face him. He kisses me and I fake like I feel something. I thank god that he doesn't notice. He is already wearing his robe and it's all zipped up. I reach out and try to unzip it. He grabs my hands and stops me.

"That's no fair you get to see me but I can't see you?" I joke trying to get at his zipper.

"Who says I'm wearing anything under this?" He winks causing me to blush again.

"Go get dressed styles were going to be late!" I say turning him around and smacking his butt as he leaves. I finish getting ready. When we are finally ready we get in the car and drive to the school. We get there on time luckily and go sit down, we get to chose where we sit so I sit will Harry. I look around looking for Liam. I see him sitting with Zayn. They are holding hands. That's weird when did they start dating? He looks different. He looks like he's lost a lot of weight and he has giant dark circles under his eyes like he hasn't slept in weeks. I look and see Zayn sitting there laughing at something. I hadn't noticed I was staring because Liam got up and stumbled towards me.

"You lost this Tomlinson, sorry you had your chance then you cheated on me with that fag over there" he slurs I can smell the alcohol on his breath. He also wreaks of drugs.

"Liam I'm sorry it ended how it did. We really should talk about it after the ceremony. Lets talk after." I say he looks confused and goes cross eyed for a moment.

"ALL STUDENTS TO THEIR SEATS NOW" a voice yells over the loud speaker. Liam stumbles back to his seat. Throughout the whole ceremony I couldn't stop thinking about what I was going to say to Liam. I heard my name be called to go get my diploma I walked up on stage. I heard people screaming things at me 'fag' someone screamed up at me 'get out of here gay fucker' someone else screamed. I took my diploma and walked back to my seat. Liam's name was called next. He managed to stumble on stage and grab his diploma. He grabbed it and walked off. He didn't come back to his seat. After the ceremony Harry told me he had to go see his parents tonight and wouldn't be home until late. I decided to go see if I could find Liam. I ended up finding him behind the gym passed out. I ran over to him

"Liam! Liam are you okay?! Liam please wake up! Don't do this to me Liam! I still love you Liam! I made a mistake please don't leave me Liam please!" I cried trying to wake him up. I felt for a pulse he had one but it was shallow. I called the police and they sent an ambulance. When they finally got here they asked me a series of questions I couldn't answer.

"When did he pass out? What did he take? When did he take them? How much did he take? Where did he get them?" They asked but I couldn't answer any of the questions. They finally asked a question I could answer. Even though I lied to them I could answer it.

"Are you related to Mr. Payne?" They asked.

"Yes! Yes I'm his brother. Ill be signing all his papers his parents died I'm all that's left." I lie they lead me to the back of the ambulance. We get there quickly and they wheel him into the ER. I end up having to leave him so he can get his stomach pumped. I walk out into the waiting room and find a blonde haired boy. Niall is standing waiting to hear something. He moves to walk up to me Zayn is sitting behind him.