Chapter 8 - Complications

-Liam's POV-

I hurried from the car into school avoiding eye contacts with the gawking freshmen who saw me hold Louis hand. I walked past my usual friends and straight to my locker. I shoved what I had in my locker and closed it to find Harry running up to hi locker crying. I thought about saying something to him but decided not to. I walked quickly towards the chemistry room only to get stopped by Kayla. Crap! I never ended it with her. Well this is awkward.

"Hey stranger where have you been?" Kayla said she had dyed her hair, instead of it being her usual dull brown it was now a bleach blonde. It added to her "bimbo" look. I didn't really feel like talking to her but what choice did I have?

"My parents died Kayla I had to plan their funeral. Now if you'd please excuse me I have to go get my make up work from Mrs. D." I say trying to walk past her but she kept walking in front of me. She was actually starting to piss me off.

"I saw you with Tomlinson this weekend. You and him were holding hands. Is there something you need to tell me, you're girlfriend?" She asks putting her hands on her hips looking like she's five years old. I sigh and decide whether or not to lie. I decide to lie.

"He was a close family friend. He helped me through the rough last few days." I lie trying to sound convincing. She screws up her face, she reminds me of a chipmunk.

"That's bullshit. You hate him. You have since I've met you. I heard a rumor you and him are dating. He turn you into a fag too? I would like to know if I'm dating a pansy or not." She says sounding like the bitch she is. I couldn't take it anymore. I just clear out yelled it. Not caring who the hell heard me.

"Yes! I am dating Louis Tomlinson! I love him and he loves me! You happy? I admitted it. I'm gay. Now please Kayla do us all a favor and go be slutty somewhere else." I say not knowing where any of that came from. I'm not normally this mean. I actually felt kind of bad when I finally saw the look of hurt and pain on her face. I was about to apologize when Louis walked past me into the classroom. I felt him look at me before he walked by, he looked mad. I wonder why he is mad? Is it at me?

"We are over Liam, thanks for cheating on me. Have fun with your fag boyfriend Louis." Kayla snapped back pushing past me and knocking my chemistry book out of my hand. I sighed and bent down to pick it up. I got up and noticed everyone was looking at me like I was an alien. I shook my head trying to get the feeling of embarrassment out of my mind. I walked hurriedly into my chemistry class. Louis was already sitting down at the lab bench searching for something in his backpack. I went to go sit next to him, when he noticed I was sitting next to him he looked scared out of his mind. I gave him a weak smile. I wonder how much of the conversation with Kayla he heard? I pushed the idea out of my mind and started focusing on class. Louis never started looking less scared throughout the entire class.

-Louis POV-

The bell rang signaling the end of chemistry, I wasn't sure if Liam still wanted to act like just friends or more. I heard him telling Kayla, but I don't know if she is the type to go tell everyone or not. I look over at Liam who is sitting with his packed bag waiting for me. He smiles at me and I can't help but smile back. I pack up quickly and start to get up. Liam follows me to the door then grabs my arm and pulls me to the side. His face looks flawless in this light. I suddenly feel like crying realizing I just cheated on my boyfriend with my best mate. My mind flashes back to the moment I kissed Harry. He didn't pull away he started kissing me back. Once I finally realized what I was doing I pulled back. Harry looked scared as I did it. We didn't say anything he just closed his locker and walked away. I stood there in shock for a few minutes then headed for chemistry.

"Lou? Lou? Louis you're scaring me what's wrong?" Liam says shaking my shoulders. I shake my head realize I've been staring off into space looking right at his face for the last few minutes.