Chapter 12: Waiting

He was grinning. 

His hair was messy, in an I’ve-just-woken-up kind of way and his green eyes sparkled.

The first thought that came to mind was dang! He’s hot! I quickly gathered myself and looked into his laughing eyes.

“Can I come in?” I asked.

He moved out of the way and I walked in.

I turned to him. He still hadn’t said a word. “What’s so funny?”

“You,” he replied, grinning like a maniac. “You’re a really funny person.”

“Awww,” I said. “Thank you.”

Please note the sarcasm.

I huffed. “Where are we going to do this? 

“In my room.”

“What?!” I exclaimed. “Why?!”

“Because,” he said slowly as if I was a child, “my mum has guests coming over, and we can’t get in the way. My room is the only place for that.”

As he spoke I tried my hardest not to watch his lips so much. But damn were they sexy. They looked so soft and I wanted to—

No you do not!

If he noticed the banter I was having with myself on my expression, he didn’t comment.

He led me up the long flight of stairs, which had me panting by the time we were at the top, and into his room.

My mouth dropped open. It was so clean. Everything was in place, not a speck of dust. I looked up at him, an incredulous expression on my facial features.

“Don’t lie,” I said to him. “This is not your room.”

He laughed. “Why would you say something like that?"

“You,” and I pointed, “cannot be this clean.”

He sat on his bed. “Darling,” I frowned at the pet name. “This is my room.” Then he grinned. “I’m sorry I’m above your standards.”

The prick! I grabbed a pillow from his bed and slammed it on his head. Then I glared. 

He still grinned.

He moved so fast I couldn’t anticipate it. He grabbed his second pillow and hit the side of my face with it.

That started the pillow fight.

As I tried to hit him for what could have been the hundredth time, I tripped on his foot and fell on top of him.

We both went down.

We rolled.

And he was on top.

My ribs really needed to expand more than what was possible at that moment.

“Get off,” I huffed at him, but he only grinned. Something he never tired of doing.

“No,” he told me. I tried to push him off but he was heavy.

He shifted his body, but clamped his hands on my arms so I couldn’t move.

The air rushed into my lungs and I could finally breathe properly.

“That better?” Hunter grinned.

“Um,” I replied. “No. You still haven’t moved.”

“Why? Am I making you uncomfortable?” his grin became sly.

He lowered himself a little bit closer. Suddenly, my heart increased the speed of its beating, my breath became shallower and my mind was screaming with lust.

This is not happening! The little person in me tried to tell my body that this was wrong. Having feelings for Hunter was like chalk and cheese. They just didn’t go!

I tried to move, struggle, but he was just too strong.

He lowered himself so that his nose nearly touched mine. He turned towards my neck, breathing on it.

“What do you want, Denise?”

My heart beat faster; suddenly I had lost the ability to speak. “I want…uh, I want you…”

“Yes…?” he said teasingly.

I want you to kiss me. I want you to—

“I want you to get off me.”

Yes! Sense came through.

But he didn’t comply. “Are you sure?” Then he rubbed his lips against my neck. It was as if every nerve in my body was alert and when he touched me I could feel the contact everywhere, down to my toes.

My body shuddered.

“You want me.” he told me, as if all evidence could point to that fact. “Admit it.”

I shook my head.

He moved his head so that we looked straight into each other’s eyes. Neither of us broke contact. And I waited. Inside I cursed myself for waiting…and waiting…and I knew what I was waiting for. My sense kicked the girl in me for wanting this, even though I knew it was Hunter and things could spiral into trouble, the trouble I knew was in store for me when he opened the door.

But still I waited. 

Then disappointment washed away all the feelings of…lust…

And every fibre within me hated myself for walking straight into the trap. Shame ran through me. Embarrassment too. Because I had to now admit the one thing I was sure I was right about.

I could’ve cried at my foolishness as I lay there.

Unlike the dream…there was no kiss.

****

what do you think guys? please comment! next chapter is up...

vote, commet, fan x

Tolulah