Chapter 4: how i hate being wrong

Stupid me.

I forgot my PE kit.

"Angela."

Angela, one of my friends, turned to me. She had pale skin and blue eyes clad

with dirty blonde hair.

"Yeah?" she asked.

"Do you have a spare t-shirt for PE?"

That was the lengths I had to go to in order to not to wear the PE kit that our teacher reserved for us from the lost property box. The problem was, Angela was skinny. And I was not.

Not that I was fat or anything, just not as skinny as her.

I pray her t-shirt does not rip, I thought as Angela said, "Sure," and handed me a plain blue one.

I removed my white t-shirt and pulled on Angela's.

I glanced round, there were only a few people in the girls' changing room which meant that we were a bit late for getting into Ms Howard's lesson.

"Angela!" I exclaimed pulling on the shorts in my bag and my converse again, "we're late!"

She looked up. "Crap," she muttered and we rushed out with the other two girls in the changing room into the field.

"You're late!" Ms Howard barked at the four of us. "Five laps around the court! Get going!"

We groaned as the four of us, me, Angela, Laney and Michelle, began our punishment. I heard the sound of a loud laugh behind me. I turned, it was

Hunter. I glare at him. He just laughed harder.

How I hate him.

The air was cold, and my legs and arms were covered in goosebumps.

We were on our fourth lap when it happened.

Ms Howard had the class playing football. I was sweaty and tired but was at the front, as the other three girls were taking it slow, but I wanted to get the laps over and done with quickly.

In front of me, further away, Hunter was watching me, grinning at my pain. I glared.

Thinking about how much I hated him, again, I didn't see the ball that rolled in front of me.

I slipped on the football and went flying.

I mentally prepared myself for the hard crash landing onto the cold ground, but instead found my upper body inches from the floor, held in someone's arms.

I looked up at the boy.

Hunter.

I frowned pulling my body out of his arms.

I looked at him questionably, as I stood up.

"What?" He asked. "I couldn't let you die, Prude. Who would I torment then?"

I growled.

"Denise!" I turned at the sound of Ms Howard's bark. "Are you alright?"

Like she cared.

"I'm fine."

"Okay," she shouted back. "Resume your laps."

You would think she'd let someone who nearly met death take a break. I rolled my eyes.

At that point Angela had caught up with me. "You okay?" she asked, breathing heavily.

Football game had been resumed and we jogged side by side, Michelle and Laney a few meters behind.

"I'm cool." Although I was a little shaken up by the closeness of the situation.

"Well," Angela continued. "You know what you have to do."

"What?" I asked.

"Tick B as the answer to question four on the checklist." And she ran away from me because she knew what my reaction would be.

"ANGELA!"

*****

The ending alway cracks me up lol, what do you think about this chapter?

Vote...

Comment...

Fan...

Tolulah Loud x