I Legolas You

a/n (please read): to those who are confused with the timeline of the story-- this version of I'll Protect You takes place  Spring 2013 to 2014. therefore, park is turning 18, she is not 20.

also, dedicated to Percabeth5599 for the absolutely amazing banner she made! 

*  * *

Park

"This is bullshit," Alec called out from the living room quite loudly. My father coughed into his coffee and both of his eyebrows shot up on his forehead as he set down the mug. 

"I had no idea he cursed this much," my father mused as he added a small teaspoon of sugar into his drink. 

"It's not normally this bad," I said. "He just does it when he gets really into shows."

"What's he watching now?"

"Gossip Girl."

As if on cue, Alec yelled out, "Screw Nate and Blair! Why isn't Chuck doing anything?"

Ah, noble sophistication at its finest. 

While Alec kept on vocally expressing his frustration in the living room, I reorganized the files in front of me until they were in the order they were meant to be in. Then, I passed them to my father and nodded. "These look right, Father."

He gave me a sad smile as he took the papers and placed them back in the yellow folder right next to his coffee. In return, he pushed an envelope towards me. "Zen gave it to me yesterday. He said everything should be in order. 

I didn't say a word as I placed the envelope into my bag and got to my feet. As I slung the strap of the bag over my shoulder and smoothed my sweater, my father gave a loud sigh. 

"You know, your eighteenth birthday is a rather big deal. I don't know why you look so glum about it. In Cimeria, you would've been thrown a magnificent ball. Your mother would've had a dress made in the royal clan colors. Everyone would have been invited. The palace would've been absolutely breathtaking."

I grinned at him. "You know perfectly well that just because Mother is missing my actual birthday doesn't mean she still won't host a ball. Mark my words, I'm going to step off that plane and she'll already have the decorations ready."

"I'll bet you fifty euros."

"Done and done, Father dearest," I said. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a birthday party to attend."

When I walked into the living room, I saw Alec gripping the roots of his hair as the end credits rolled on the television screen. Popcorn littered the coffee table and there were two empty chip bags crumpled up on the edge. Elijah was going throw a fit. 

I'm going to miss this house, I thought, my palm lingering on the walls. 

Three weeks had flown on by during which I had experienced a major lockdown. Logan and Alec followed my every move from dawn to dusk. The only activity I was allowed to do was to attend Cross Academy and there, I was on careful watch by my friends, all of whom I'm pretty sure were paid by my father. 

At home, it was even worse. I couldn't even grab a cup of water without one of the boys poking their heads out of their room to ask what I was doing. 

The torture was to end tomorrow, though. My father had just received back my transfer papers, registration forms, and course booklet, as well as a personally written acceptance letter sent by the headmaster of Ilysian Academy.

"This is ridiculous! She needs to pick a guy!" Alec snapped, chucking the remote onto the couch.

"You're awfully invested."