Chapter Twenty-one: The Courage to Change

There was so much planning to do for the wedding and of course seeing that Sasha was now a part of the family you know who got to help with all the decisions which wasn’t hard because I had seen what it was going to look like in my vision. I tried to put the words Thor had said to me at the back of my mind because I was no longer one to live off of broken dreams or tiny glimmers of hope. Thor had been spending more time away helping Jax “prepare” for the wedding and such which really meant just leaving us girls alone so that we could finish the planning. I didn’t know they were so eager to get married but I guess why wait right?

“What color roses should I go with?” Sasha asked.

Of course it wasn’t the first time she had asked this and I tried to answer her without being annoyed. “Red, white, and black.”

She sighed a sigh and continued filling out the addresses on the invitations. She wasn’t inviting any of her kind mostly because we had killed of her pack but also because the other wolves thought she was dead right alongside her alpha, which meant that of course Thor and Jax had to come up with some sort of invitation list for us to go off of. I knew the clan would be there but I was unsure who else they were going to invite to the bonding ceremony of two who were enemies. All I could hope for was that someone didn’t speak out against this marriage and completely ruin their day. I really hope the boys had thought about that. I heard Sasha sniffle and looked up to see her tears falling on the pile of invitations.

“I can’t do this! I can’t marry Jax. I don’t think half of these people are going to be as accepting as you all are. He deserves a woman of his own kind not the enemy.” She cried out.

“Sasha! Snap out of this right now! You two are so very happy and very much in love there is no reason for anyone to stop this marriage in fact I will take it upon myself to make sure that when the preist asks for any objections that everyone remains seated and calm.” I proclaim to my new best friend. Ah who was a kidding she was a sister to me.

“How are you going to do that?” She asked as she looked up at me with those sad eyes.

“If anyone shall dare to stand they will be placed back into their seat by physical force.” I smiled and winked hoping this would make her feel better.

At least she had stopped crying I hated it when she cried it made me so sad.

“What’s it like?” She asked curiously.

“Being a vampire? Oh its great I mean it’s something rather hard to explain. Kind of complex.” I replied as she quickly interrupting me “Not being a vampire. I’m with one I know what that’s like. I mean the change.” Sasha proclaimed as she looked down almost as though she were ashamed that she was even considering becoming a creature of the night.

“It hurt having both venoms fighting each other in my body but I was lucky that the vampire juice took hold of me before the wolf juice had. They were worried I was going to wake up a pup and tear them to shreds.” I smiled as I recalled the day I became this creature.

“Would it work on me?” She asked.

I knew she didn’t want to have this conversation with Jax. “Well they said to be careful during the battle because they could have changed me into a wolf so I don’t see why we couldn’t change a wolf into a vamp.” I announced suddenly realizing why she was talking to me about this.

She didn’t want to grow old and have the one man she loved completely live on without her. I wanted to help her in any way I could but I knew changing her without Jax’s permission would be forebidden and he should be the one to make her life an existence. She looked up at me with hopeful eyes preying I would agree to change her.

“Oh no way! Not going to happen, Sasha! This is something that you have to ask Jax to do! I don’t even know how to go about changing one into a creature of the night.” I announced in a stern voice my decision being firm.

“It was worth a try. Honestly I don’t think that Jax will change me and I am afraid to ask him.” She said in her sad voice like all her dreams had been ripped away.

“Look, how about I talk to Jax. That way you don’t have to deal with the disappointment directly if he says no.” I suggested.

And the sparkle returned to her eyes as she shot up “Im getting in the shower and they’ll be home in about 30 seconds.” She announced and before I could manage to say anything she was upstairs in the shower and the boys were walking in the front door.

Damn she was fast.

“How was the time away boys?” I asked as I giggled not even turning away from the floor plan of the ceremony.

“Wonderful baby! How’s the wedding planning coming along?” Thor asked from the kitchen as he poured me another cup of coffee.

“It’s going wonderful but umm I need to talk to Jax.” I announced as they both entered the living room that was covered in all the plans and invitations.

I waited until both boys got comfortably seated before I dumped this on them. I have to admit I was nervous as all hell.

“She wants to be changed. She wants to become one of us.” I announced to the boys who had puzzled looks on both of their faces.

“She is one of us.” Jax stated.

“No dumb shit. She wants to be changed. She wanted me to do it myself but one I don’t know how to go about changing someone and two I thought it was something you should do. Hence why she’s still a wolf and we’re having this conversation.” I explained.

I wanted her to become one of us someone this close to me never having to sleep, having a sister constantly. Jax stood and began to pace in the living room tapping his index finger on his chin. At least he was contemplating.

“It might work. Actually I am pretty positive it would work because it wasn’t an alpha that changed her.” Jax announced still pacing. “You sure this is something she wanted?” he asked as he stopped pacing to look me dead in the face.

He could tell when I was lying and now was definitely not one of those times. But I felt how uncomfortable Thor was getting while Jax was staring me down.

“I am positive.” I responded.

Looking back on my vision I should have known this was going to happen because her skin was lighter in the vision. She wasn’t a glowing tan she was pale, but still as beautiful if not even more breathtaking. I really needed to start paying better attention to the details of these visions.

“Yeah you do!” Thor answered my thoughts as usual.

I just smiled and took a seat next to my maker and kissed his lips softly but definitely passionately. Jax stayed standing waiting for his wife to be to come down the stairs. Then I realized we were all waiting for her. I guess Thor wanted us to stick around while Jax relayed the good news. She walked so gracefully into the room. I really was going to miss that glowing skin and those emerald eyes. But I was looking forward to the change, I’d have a sister. She kissed Jax, her soon to be maker on the lips, and smiled.

“What’s going on?” She asked so innocently.

“Yes I will change you as long as your sure this is what you want Sash.” Jax explained.

“Really?! Yes! Yes! Yes! That is what I want!” She proclaimed as she jumped up and down.

She wrapped her arms around him and began to kiss him as Thor led me out towards the door his fingers laced through mine and we headed out the door into the darkness. We walked side by side, hand in hand, down the porch not even caring which direction we were heading because I was content with having my maker by my side. It didn’t matter where we were going, after all where you were going never mattered, as long as you knew where you had been.