Chapter Nineteen: Home

• Dedicated to Joshua Meyers. Rest In Peace Brother. You are finally home

I was in the forest again, replaying the night that Thor had changed me. Oh how I longed to open my eyes and see him and actually being able to touch him but I was stuck. I was stuck in this darkness alone. The last thing I remember is being thrown against a tree after basically committing suicide by walking into a sacrifice of the furry mutts. I had risked my life to save the life of the wolf that Jax loved. I had risked everything for the enemy. Was I dead? I didn’t understand why I was just stuck.

I felt a rush of immense pain roll over my body like the raging ocean waves during a hurricane. I couldn’t control it, I couldn’t stop it, it was just pain and I was scared it would never go away. My insides were screaming. All I wanted was to wake up. I wanted to open my eyes to see my maker sitting next to me. I couldn’t move a muscle the pain was unbearable. I felt a bottle press to my lips and I drank. I drank like it was my last meal. Good this meant I was still alive. The sweet moisture on my tongue ran down into my stomach and I could feel a little of the pain subside. Finally after drinking the bottle of blood I felt I had enough strength to open my eyes. To my surprise it wasn’t my maker seated next to me on the bed it was Sasha. She gave me a sweet smile with an amazing twinkle in her eyes.

“Where’s Thor? I need my maker. Where is he?” I asked frantically.

“Calm down hun. I let them go out and hunt they needed a decent meal after the battle. They should be back shortly.” Sasha said calmly as she brushed the hair out of my face.

She had a mothers touch. I wondered if her and Jax were going to have children. Could they have children?

“I have to thank you Misty! You risked everything for me and for your clan. I have never seen such bravery before. You truly are amazing!” Sasha said as tears swelled up in her eyes.

“Honestly I had never been that brave before I’m not sure what came over me! But I am glad you’re ok!” I replied not wanting to see her cry.

All I wanted was to be in the arms of my maker and he was out hunting. I couldn’t be too mad I mean they all just fought in battle. But he was all I could seem to wrap my mind around and he wasn’t even here. I didn’t know what else to say to Sasha, I couldn’t find any words or even know what to talk about because I really didn’t want to talk about the battle that almost ended my existence. I still couldn’t move and I could still feel the pain pricking my muscles. I must have landed hard but what I did bought us enough time for the rest of the clan to show up and take out the wolves. Fucking flea bags.

I heard the front door open and a couple men talking. I heard 3 sets of footsteps and my nose told me it was my maker, Jax and Tucker. I really couldn’t deal with tucker’s bull shit right now so I was praying that only Thor would come up. I heard only one set of footsteps heading up the stairs and it was definitely the heavy footed march of my maker. I smiled because I knew within no time I would be laying in his arms. The door slowly opened and he peeked his head in. I turned my head and looked him deep into his eyes.

“Sasha, Jax needs you downstairs. Thanks for letting us hunt.” Thor said excusing Sasha from babysitting duties.

Not that I needed to be watched but I was glad I wasn’t left alone. If I had woken up alone I might have freaked out. Thor shut the door behind Sasha after she had exited the room. He sat down on the bed keeping his eyes locked on mine as he tucked my hair behind my ear. I absolutely loved it when he does that.

“I thought I had lost you.” He said in a whisper.

“Did you really think you were going to get rid of me that easy baby.” I said with a slight teasing smile.

He leaned down and kissed my lips softly. Something was wrong I couldn’t tell quite what but it definitely wasn’t the same Thor I knew. He had changed he was different and I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. It didn’t matter much whatever it was because after my near death experience I didn’t want anything else but to spend time with the very brave soul that turned me into the dark creature of the night. He laid beside me with his arm around my waist and nothing was said. We just laid in silence. It was one of those moments that nothing really needed to be said we were just glad that we were both alive after the events that happened in order to save the life of an enemy. I didn’t know if Thor loved me like I loved him I didn’t know what was in our future but I knew at this moment in time that I was his and I would never forget laying here with him. He leaned up on one arm while the other continued to lay on my waist. I looked up into his eyes.  There was a calmness about them. Like the storm had subsided for a moment. I leaned up to kiss him and bolts of sharp pain struck my muscles. I obviously wasn’t healed quite yet. I let out a wince and saw the hurt in his eyes.

“Don’t move baby we don’t want to challenge the healing process anymore then we had to with carrying you home.” Thor whispered.

Home. I finally had a home. Some place my heart would lie. Although anywhere my maker was my heart would reside.  I remembered my human life and the ‘home’ I had with my parents. It was a happy place, so this only made sense to me because Thor made me happier than any man had ever even tried. I was home and I was surrounded by love or lust but either way it felt right. Thor continued to look upon me with his eyes and a soft smile he leaned down and gently kissed my lips once more. I was so wrapped up in my maker that I didn’t even hear the footsteps approaching the door but the three light taps against the oak snapped me back to reality a bit as I looked up to see who was attempting to enter.

“She needs to drink another one of these.” Jax demanded as he handed a bottle of blood to Thor.

Jax looked down at me and returned his gaze to the floor as if he were ashamed. “This is my fault. This wasn’t supposed to happen, Misty, I’m so sorry.” Jax said as tears began to roll down his soft cheeks.

It took all my strength to move one arm towards Jax and grab his hand it definitely hurt but I wasn’t about to show weakness in front of another clan member.

“You love her. You are part of our clan trust me it was worth it. We won didn’t we? I am still existing aren’t I? No regrets Jax.” I smiled a little smile to try to ease his troubled mind.

He smiled a simple smile back as he released my hand and turned out to the hall and shut the door. He felt like a big brother. I mean he basically was but I didn’t just do this for him. We needed to claim back what was ours and if we didn’t attack first the wolves would have attacked us.

“Our clan, I like that.” Thor said as he smiled and caressed my cheek with his thumb.

I smiled and drank as he poured the bottle in my mouth. It was then I realized something about the feedings I was being fed didn’t taste right. I couldn’t really determine what it was that was different but there was definitely an additive or something.

“Pain medication, It will make you sleep.” Thor announced after he clearly read my thoughts.

It didn’t bother me much anymore that he could. In a time like this it was actually quite helpful because I didn’t feel like doing much talking. I didn’t want to fall back asleep I was dreading the thought of the darkness waiting there in my dreams. Waiting to torture me and make me appreciate my reality even more. That was just it! They may have been the worst nightmares I had ever had in my life, but for once, my reality was better than my dreams. After all I was home. Home with my maker.  Did I need anything more? No because I belonged and I had it all.

I had the man I had a family and I had a home, I thought to myself as my eyelids got heavier and the room became dark. I wasn’t scared but I did look forward to waking up in my home.