Chapter Twenty: No More Shattered Dreams

Here I lay in my maker’s bed during the most happy time of my existence, well so far, and I couldn’t even move. I was bed bound due to the injuries that were inflicted in the battle. Not that I was complaining because Thor’s bed was actually quite comfortable but I wanted to be out running using my heightened senses to my advantage, and now that we had the forest to ourselves I wanted to explore. I hadn’t had a vision since the vision of the battle I know I couldn’t see everything but I was curious to what was in store for my future. I rose to sit up in bed and slowly opened my eyes. The light in the room was shut off and there was a note on the pillow where my maker had laid with me before I fell into my drug induced slumber.

‘Ran out for a snack, we were all getting cabin fever. If you should wake up before I return STAY IN BED and rest I will be back in no time my love.

Yours truly,

Thor.’

Great I now have a home and a family and I was here and alone. Go figure. I know he told me not to move but I needed a shower. I so badly wanted to feel the hot water pelt against my cold skin. I was still a little sore but of course I always do the exact opposite from what the maker orders. I placed my feet on the red shaggy soft carpet on Thor’s floor standing slowly and using the walls for support I made my way slowly but surely to the bathroom. I stayed away from mirrors I didn’t want to see what I looked like and once I was in the bathroom undressing I really didn’t want to see the damage one blow had done to my body. I turned on only hot water and let it steam up the bathroom for a few moments before I submerged myself to the warmth. I let the water roll down my body as I lathered up my hair with shampoo.

So many thoughts ran through my head. Then everything went black. I was at a wedding Jax stood at the altar in an amazing tux with a red tie and Sasha was walking down the aisle in a beautiful black dress with red embroidered flowers. I came back through to my shower not being able to believe what I just envisioned but at the same time they deserved each other! They deserved to be happy. I rinsed all the soap out of my hair and let the water roll over me for a while longer before turning the facet off and grabbing a towel off the rack. I wrapped it snugly around my body and proceeded to Ivy’s old room. I snatched a t-shirt and jeans and walked back down the hall to Thor’s room. I dried myself off and got dressed and tussled the towel in my hair drying it just enough to leave it down. I sat on the bed unsure of what to do next while I waited for my little hunters to return.

I walked slowly down the stairs attempting to make my way to the kitchen. I was still sore but it seems as though the raging waves of pain had subsided. I made it to the kitchen after what felt like an eternity although I wasn’t aging so it didn’t really matter. I poured myself a hot cup of blood infused coffee and sat at the island sipping the cup.  I couldn’t imagine Jax and Sasha getting married, well I guess I could but still. I was so happy for the both of them but I didn’t want to tell the news before they did. Ok well I would tell Thor but he had to know by reading my mind or otherwise.I heard the front door open and Jax and Thor laughing about something obviously amusing followed by Sasha’s voice

“You boys I swear!”

I heard all three sets of footsteps stop in the doorway of the kitchen as I raised my head from the cup of which I was drinking.

“Well good morning sunshine!” Jax proclaimed “Good to see you’re up and about.” Before I could even answer Thor spoke

“No its not. I’m pretty sure I left clear instructions that you were to stay in bed. In fact it was all in capital letters. I need you to heal not to go and defy me just because you damn well please.” I could hear the anger in his voice.

“I took a hot shower and came down for some coffee. If you had a problem with that you shouldn’t have left me alone.” I yelled at him but he knew better then to piss me off I had proven that already I thought.

I slammed the coffee down on the counter and walked as fast as my sore muscles would let me up the stairs that led back up to his room and lay down on the bed. He was my maker not my damn master I don’t know why he thought he could get away with treating me like this let alone why the hell I was listening to him.  I was so filled with rage I didn’t hear anyone approaching the room all I heard was the door shut behind whoever it was that entered. I could smell Thor. I felt the bed caving under his butt as he sat down.

“I’m sorry ok I just want you to heal baby. How was your shower?” he asked in his calm tone but I could sense that he was still upset.

“Fine” I responded with a one word answer even though I knew he clearly hated it. He started to run his fingers down my side caressing my skin and I became putty beneath his touch.

“How was your ‘snack’?” I asked. “Nothing major just needed a little something because I didn’t know how much longer I would be sitting here watching you sleep.” Thor said with a slight smile on his face.“I think Jax and Sasha wanted to speak with you though so if you’d like I can help you down stairs.” He said calmly eagerly awaiting my response.

“That won’t be necessary I need to heal they will have to wait to talk.” I said spitting his words right back in his face.

He chuckled one of those deep soulful chuckles and said “Necessary huh? Well I guess you leave me with no choice young lady.”

He then stood to his feet and swooped me up into his arms. I looked him in the eyes and kissed him on the lips. No one had ever picked me up to carry me and in this position it reminded me of the wedding vision I had seen but there was no time to tell Thor because he was already half way down the stairs before I could even blink. We reached the living room and Sasha and Jax were already seated on the couch across from where Thor decided he and I were going to sit. He didn’t set me down he sat down with me still in his arms and sat me on his lap. This was obviously some sort of meeting or something although Sasha and Jax both had the biggest smiles on their face’s although I did as well I mean I was finally in my makers arms.

“First off we have to thank you for what you did and we know we will never be able to repay you.”Jax stated as he smiled my way then looked back at Sasha.

“Were getting married.” Sasha exclaimed as she smiled looking deeply into her soon to be husband’s eyes.

“I know. Congratulations!” I announced as if it was nothing that I knew about their special announcement.

“Thor we told you that we wanted to tell her.” Jax whined.

“He didn’t tell me I saw it in a vision.” I stated.

“When?” Sasha asked curiously.

“Today.” I responded.

Then shot them both a smile and turned back towards my maker and kissed him softly on his lips. I couldn’t help but to wonder if he and I would ever have a wedding.  But that wasn’t important to think about I was happy and I finally had a home.

“Maybe someday.” Thor whispered into my ear.

I removed myself from his lap not sure what to say really.

“I’ll be upstairs.” I softly spoke like my voice had almost been taken from me.

I could feel their eyes all on me so curious as to why my mood had dropped or what was said. So many times by so many men before Thor I had been promised the everlasting bond between man and wife, that security to never being alone. I had given up entirely on even hoping for it until now. And there was no one better to spend the rest of my existence with then my maker but I couldn’t be let down. I couldn’t take that pain again and disappointment. I had to put this to the back of my mind and forget entirely that he suggested it. I couldn’t live my life day to day living on false hopes and I would never again have shattered dreams for I was now a creature of the night.