t h i r t y t h r e e

As I turned away from Princeton the tears that I had fought back for so long came pouring out. Not because Ray Rays words were hurtful but because they were true I thought that everything would be okay when I got to California that I would be accepted for who I was and not what I had done but unfortunately I was wrong I will always just be known as the "Catfish." To the boys, the world, myself, and Jacob.

My thoughts were soon cut short by the sound of a boy yelling loudly.

"Really? Beans!" He sighed in a frustrated tone as he chased after the dog "I'm so glad Princeton's back because you're a handful." He muttered to the dog after he had caught him

"Three weeks." He said as he approached me "I've had to deal with this dog."

"He's cute." I giggled as I reached up and petted the furry dog

"Don't let his looks fool you." The boy laughed and I soon joined in with him once the laughter had died down he introduced himself to me as "Prodigy."

"I'm Selena." I responded

"Oh you're princes girl! Not to be rude but you don't look like y-"

"I catfished him." I quickly blurted "And he stayed with me."

"I was gonna say seventeen."

"Oh.." I responded rather embarrassed

"But now that that's on the table I would've stayed too. you're beautiful." He complimented

"Thanks." I halfway smiled "I wish your friend Ray Ray thought so."

"What did he do?"

"He basically just thinks that I shouldn't be here and Princeton shouldn't be with me because I catfished him and-" I couldn't continue the words hurt even more leaving my lips and it wasn't long before I felt tears falling from my eyes yet again.

"Don't mind him." Prodigy said as he wrapped his arms around me pulling me close to him "Rays been acting like an asshole ever since Princeton met you honestly none of us know what's wrong with him. It's really been working my nerves just don't listen to anything he says about you you're a star." he paused "Shine bright and don't let anyone take that shine away from you."

"I won't." I whispered against his ear

It actually felt nice to be held once again. The moment quickly got awkward and I cleared my throat before I spoke again "I should go check on Princeton b-"

"What the fuck is this?" Princeton asked walking up to Prodigy and I

"Prince." Prodigy responded letting me go "Selena and I were just talking about you."

"It doesn't look like you two were doing a lot of talking." He responded his eyes going back and fourth from prodigy and I

"Actually we were." My eyes widened at the tone of prodigy's voice I could tell he was getting aggravated "Selena was a little upset and I was being a good friend and consoling her."

"Friend? You two jut met." Princeton scoffed

"Okay and? Don't snap at me because if you were here to do your job as her boyfriend I wouldn't have to fill in for you." Prodigy mumbled before he walked into the house making sure to bump Princeton's shoulder on the way in.

"He's so dramatic." Princeton said as he rolled his eyes

"No you are." I snapped "Was it really necessary to confront prodigy like that? What's wrong with you? You're trying to fight everyone who just talks to me."

"I'm just doing what's best for you Selena."

"Well you need a better approach than this because you're just acting like a complete dick!" I shouted before I walked into the house.

-------
A/n: who's side are you on? Princeton's or Selena's? Comment down below! :) sorry I'm slacking on these updates!