t w e n t y s i x

"Flight number 20 is preparing for take off there will be promptly 30 minutes for loading time and an additional five for flight instructions and any other necessities that need to be taken care of."

I put down my phone as I listened to the loud speaker I looked at my plane ticket and saw it had a large twenty on it.

"I think that's us." I heard Maya say as she looked directly at me

"Nev." I softy called tapping his leg after three long seconds of tapping his eyes opened slowly.

"Our flight is ready." I informed him "They gave us thirty minutes for loading."

"Okay, well if you guys need to take care of anything make sure you do that. I'm going to go ahead and get on the plane so I can catch up on some sleep."

"Okay." I chuckled "See you soon."

"Okay." He responded

I smiled one last time before I went to wake up Jacob but to my surprise he was already awake and I was guessing Maya had woken him up and was chatting with him.

I felt a pit of anger boiling inside of me only because not once has she even thought about having a conversation with him. The most they've ever done was exchange a simple "Hello."

"yeah." I heard Maya giggle as I walked up to them

"Oh hey Selena." Maya smiled looking at me Jacob couldn't see me because he had his back turned so he could face Maya.

Jacob turned around and greeted me

"We have to go the fl-"

"Maya told me." He interrupted "Do you have anything you need to do? Or do you want anything because whatever you want I'll get it for you?"

"Thanks and I actually just need to go to the bathroom. you should come with me."

"Selena I can't go in there."

"So I don't want to go alone please."I pouted

"I-"

"I'll go with you." Maya happily smiled as she stood up I glared at her

"I don't believe I was talking to you." I smiled fakely

"Well I believe I was talking to you." She quickly hissed "And you want someone to walk with you, I'm a girl, I can get into the bathroom, and I have to go anyway so either way you'll see me."

I glared at her before I angrily turned around walking away from the conversation.

"So Selena you're still mad at me?" Maya questioned as she walked next to me

I only ignored her as I picked up my walking pace

"Woah I guess high school track actual did pay off." Maya laughed catching up with me "anyways you know Jacob I think we'd be really good f-"

"Maya fuck off!" I hissed "I don't have any interest in talking to you all you've been doing is acting like a bitch and two can play that game." I stormed into the bathroom the door slammed shut right in Maya's face and I thought she would give up but she didn't

"SELENA I DONT KNOW WHICH OF THESE STALLS YOURE IN!" Maya Started "You want to know why I'm acting the way I am? Because of you! it hasn't been a day since we left and you're already ditching me for Jacob you put him before me in a matter of three hours! you haven't once talked to me or asked me how I'm feeling or even to see if I was okay hell you didn't even say good morning too me and you always do wouldn't you be a bitch too?" I heard Maya sniffle "It's only a matter of time before I become a distant memory and the sad part about that is that we'll be seeing each other all the time but I don't matter anymore right? The only thing you care about anymore is yourself and Jacob."

I paused unlocking the stall door I slowly opened it and looked at Maya she was staring at the floor as she looked up I saw her tear stained cheeks. I ran over to her and pulled her into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry Maya." Was all that came out of my mouth before the tears began pouring out of my eyes.