Chapter 28

JESSIE'S P.O.V.

Once again, I have locked myself in my room sitting on my floor with a circle of pictures around me. Though I remember most of the boys except Harry and Zayn, I still don't remember a lot. Most of the time I sit and stare at pictures of Zayn and my mum though as well as my sisters. I pick up a picture of Zayn, mum and I the day before I left to come back to London. This picture never gives me anything. I can never get any recognition from it and it just frustrates me even more. I sigh and put the picture down for the third time in the last hour.  I pick up a picture of Harry and I. We were in a pool by the looks of our wet hair and bathing suits. I've never really looked at this one because it was always berried beneath all the other pictures. I'm staring at the camera without a clue in the world that Harry is staring at me. I smile. It's like he didn't even notice a picture was being taken. Something flashes through my head but then it was gone as fast as it came. Someone opens my door after probably knocking a few time I just wasn't paying attention.

"Jessie? Are you alright?" Louis walks in a worried expression on his face. I locked myself in here around four hours ago and haven't come out once. I look away from the picture my heart racing for a second.

"Yeah. I'm fine, is there something you need?" I ask rather rudely. I don't bother apologizing because I'm tired and I would just like to be alone right now. Louis sighs and sits beside me. Oh yay some unwanted company how nice.

"I took that picture you know. You and Harry were splashing around and when you got out of the pool, Harry chased you around until you were laughing so hard you tripped and rolled around on the ground. I told you guys to stand nicely for at least a minute. Harry wouldn't look away from you." He says. My cheeks burn as I stare at the green eyed boy in the picture. My mind does that stupid flash thing again but is gone in less than a second once again. I blink and shake my head laughing a bit. Louis gives me a funny look as if asking what that was for.

"You tell me this and its like that memory is there in the back of my mind somewhere but yet it's just out of my reach and it will tease me, taunt me until I scream and rip my hair out." I explain. A sad expression falls across Louis' face.

"Well, come on Jessie. You've been in here long enough. Lets go get some food yeah?" He changes the subject though it still bothers me. He helps me up and I hop down the stairs forgetting about my crutches because I couldn't be bothered to pick them up. Zayn sits on the couch with the remote in one of his hands. I land on the spot beside him and put my legs in his lap. He puts his free hand on my bare foot without the annoying ass cast and flips the channel.

"So, in a few minutes, we are going to get that cast off and put a boot on so you can walk around." Zayn turns his head to me. A thrill runs through me. Finally I can get rid of those painful crutches.

"It's about damn time! I have had an itch on my ankle for the last three weeks and those crutches are literally killing my armpits!" I yell excited. Zayn laughs and I hear a faint laugh from Louis in the kitchen.

"Well what are you waiting for?! Get up fat ass! Let's get this thing off!" I yell behind me already hopping down the stairs outside the house and into the car impatiently waiting for Zayn and Louis. They walk out of the house like the slowest snails in the world as if they are trying to make me go nuts.

"Come on!" I yell. They laugh at my rushed tone and hop in the car. We drive to the hospital and wait for what seems like hours in the waiting room. A few people notice who the boys and I are and whisper and stare some asks them for pictures but thank god nothing major yet.

The doctor finally calls my name and we walk in. They cut the cast off explain how the boot works and I put it on and we walk out. My leg feels so much better! We drive home and I actually walk back inside.

I flop back on the couch staring the black television screen. My mind flashes again and all of a sudden it feels like I'm falling.

_______________

"Hey not fair! Harry!  Fine you wanna be that way, here you go!"  I start splashing Harry back and laughing when he groans about his hair though it was already drenched. I jump out and grab the biggest bucket I could find and fill it with freezing water and run back to Harry.

"Oh no, Jessie no don-" He's cut off by a bucket full of ice water falling over his head. I laugh, drop the bucket and run because I know he's already out of the pool and gaining speed.

"You are gonna get it Malik! That was fucking cold!" Harry screams. I burst out laughing unable to control myself any longer. I trip over my own feet and slide right onto the muddy grass. Harry lands  beside me looking at me with a crazed expression.

"I told you, you were going to get it Malik." He smirks.

Oh Shit.

Harry pick me up making me squeal and giggle. He runs to the pool and then I am immersed in water . It isn't as cold as the water I dumped on Harry's head because I got that from the hose. When we come back up for air, I splash him once again and jump out to see Louis standing there smiling like crazy.

"You guys look like you're having fun. Harry stand beside Jessie! I'm getting a picture of this." Louis shouts to Harry who is just jumping out of the pool now. I raise an eyebrow at him but he just shakes it off. Harry stands beside me and wraps his arm around my shoulder. I smile at the camera and it flashes.

_________________

My heart races, my breathing heavy and uneven. Zayn looks at me worriedly. I jump off the couch and run into my room slamming and locking the door behind me. I whip out my phone and dial Harry's number. Tears of joy and frustration run down my cheeks as more memories of Harry and I flood my brain. Usually after I get one memory of one or two people back its only a matter of minutes and sometimes seconds. There's a bang on the door as I listen Harry's voicemail.

"Jessie are you okay? What happened? Open the door please!" Zayn shouts from the side. I shake my head crying out.

"I'm fine! I-I just wanna be left alone please! I promise I'm fine." I say. I hear a loud sigh but then footsteps as he walks away. I sink to the floor leaning against my door as I dial Harry's number again. On the second ring of the third time I've called, he answers.

"Hello?"

"Harry. I um- can you come over? I want to talk to you and Zayn would only be heart broken." I explain. There is a long pause.

"I'll be over in a few." He says.

I sit in my little circle again staring at pictures of Zayn.

Why can't I remember him?

Why can't I remember my own brother?

_______________________________________________________________________________

Heyy!! So I figured out where my tool bar went aha. my laptop is fucked up. it is all color disoriented and its pissing me off because the one game I play all the time doesn't fucking work. Anyway I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This book has reached 3K already! I was not expecting that at all thank you. I shall go now but thank you so much I love all you's! byee!!