29 | you care

TATOOINE, OUTER-RIM

TATOOINE, OUTER-RIM

'Alright. Hey, hey, hey! Sorry, gang. Come on. - You know he doesn't like droids.' Peli yells at her pit droids.

She jumps back as Kenny struts down the ramp, Din trying, and failing to keep up with the kid in his arms, 'Kenny-'

She ignores him and walks straight out of the place, he sighs and looks to Peli watching her shoo away the droids, 'May as well let them have at it. The Crest needs a good once-over.'

'Oh! So he likes droids now. Well, you heard him. Give it a once-over.'

A droid flies down the ramp quickly, squealing as it starts circling Din, Idiot! You're an idiot!

He sighs, kicking his feet around to make M4 go away, 'You need a new droid?'

She chuckles slightly, hands on her hips, wiping some grease into her flight suit, 'I guess a lot has changed since you were last in Mos... Oh! Thank the Force! This little thing has had me worried sick.'

She takes the kid from him upon noticing the small Green creature, rubbing his wrinkled head. 'Come here, you little womp rat.' The Child gurgles up at her, grinning at the woman, 'Looks like it remembers me. How much do you want for it? Just kidding. But not really. You know, if this thing ever divides or buds, I will gladly pay for the offspring.'

'Can you watch him? Just for a second when I-'

'Sort her out? Sure go for it.'

He nods, heading for the door, he looks around but there's no sign of her, he flicks a switch on his vambrace and watches her footsteps appear in the sand, following them for a few minutes, its that place from before, the one he found her in last time they were here.

The boards haven't been moved back into place, telling him she knows he would follow after her and she's waiting for him. He swallows then passes through, tapping the wooden blocks with the heel of his foot for them to slot back into place.

She's sat on the mattress, legs crossed as she stares at the one corner of the room, there's a curtain pulled across some of the room, it was there last time too but he didn't pay no mind to it, only now, as her eyes glare holes into the curtain it peeks his interest.

She gets up, passing by him, then grips the curtain and pulls it aside. It's just a living room, nothing much, a little two seater sofa pushed against the wall, a small radio on the coffee table beside the sofa.

'The second time I got out of carbonite I came here. I stayed with my dad for a couple weeks.'

'What happened?'

'Couldn't stop thinking.' She doesn't say about what. But she couldn't stop thinking about Hunter and killing him, or Cody and watching him sacrifice himself, or the kid she saved from Reva or Vader, or Anakin, or the Empire.